im here | will byers

you were watching the machine's screen until you turned to look at will, but he was no longer there. you looked to the other boys but they were too engrossed in the game to notice, except for mike who was also looking around.

you both looked at each other with the same scared facial expression. after what happened to will you all felt a sense of protectiveness over him.

you walked away from the arcade machine and called for him. "will?" you searched the faces of the many teenagers, but not one belonged to him.

"over here!" you heard mike yell. you ran to the entrance. from behind the closed door, you watched as will stared at the sky. he was rocking back and forth and backing up slowly. you looked at mike and gulped.

you slowly opened the door, "will?" you called but he did not move. "will, are you okay?" you touched his shoulder, but it's as if you weren't there.

he looked terrified. you knew he was having another episode. your heart was hammering in your chest and you felt scared for him.

"will, hey. i'm here, okay? y/n is here and so is mike. we're both here with you, come back to us." you weren't sure if it would work, but you weren't going to give up on him so easily. he's talked to you about how afraid he feels when he has them.

"yeah, we're both here, buddy." mike whispered to him and rubbed his shoulder.

"come to us, will. whatever you're seeing, it's not stronger than you. don't let it take over you, come to us." you looked at mike and back at will. you caressed will's cheek.

will gasped suddenly which caused both you and mike to jump back.  he looked around feeling panicked. he finally registered the two of you and sprang into both your arms.

both of you held him close and rubbed his back gently.

"thank you. thank you so much," he muttered over and over again.

he then held you at shoulders length, "i heard you, y/n. i heard you! you helped me find my way back. thank you."

"of course, will. i love you." you meant it, but you had not meant to say it. you felt yourself blushing.

will looked at you and a small smile appeared on his lips. mike looked between the two of you and smiled as well. he was happy for will.

will kissed your cheek and continued to hug you tightly.