Chapter 18

I thank everyone for the love. I'm so excited to write now that I know I have an audience. This chapter is a little weird but it's for a reason so don't think I've gone mad on my mini hiatus. What character do you want to see more of in upcoming chapters? I have a few people that I think need more story time :)

********************

“We have the attack contained. Your warriors are the real deal.”

I just sighed as Nick mindlinked me. They aren’t my warriors. They were V’s. I also wanted to be in the fight, not stuck at home.

I whined even more to myself as I got up to go to the kitchen. Doing nothing seems to make me hungry for some weird reason.

When I stepped into the foyer something felt off, it felt wrong. I quickly turned to look around the room and saw nothing but my body still refused to move.

“Look at this pup here.”

My eyes darted to where the voice was coming from. Standing right by the back door was a much older wolf. He looked older than my dad.

You could clearly see the grey hair that scattered through his stringy red hair. The smirk he wore was sinister and showed all the wrinkle lines in his face. He wore all black, just like V.

“She is young, but very beautiful. It’s easy to see why he chose her.”

“Who are you?!” I growled. I hate when people talk about me when I’m standing right there.

The second man stepped from behind a pillar and stood next to the red head. “That isn’t important. You are coming with us.”

Over my dead body. I quickly looked over to the door before darting for it. I had barely made it out when I felt them right behind me.

I jumped off the stairs and turned around to face them. “You’re a brave little soul.”

“I’m not little.”

Both of the men started to circle around me. I knew it was a matter of time before they would shift. I needed to find something that will help me even the fight.

I heard a yelp from a wolf and quickly looked to see where it came from. I sighed with relief when I realized that Dante and his men didn’t go with Nick to the border.

“Enough games! Now!!”

Both of them shifted and I quickly stepped back to move when the red head, who shifted to a white wolf, lunged for me.

Come on, come on. I need something. Anything.

“Cassie!” Alexandra has perfect timing. She threw a pole to me and I quickly snatched it out the air before turning to face the two wolves again.

They snarled and I motioned for them to come towards me. The white wolf was the first to attack again and I swung the pole hitting him right across his muzzle.

I had to drop to my knees in a hurry to use the pole to flip the tan wolf who had jumped towards me. I heard a wolf whimper and I stopped suddenly.

Turning I saw a different wolf with a gash down his left hind leg. I was so distracted that I didn’t see the white wolf coming for me until he was tackled from a black wolf.

The black wolf quickly pinned the white wolf and ripped his throat out right in front of me. I dropped to the ground the feeling in my legs disappearing before the wolf looked back at me. It was V with his piercing white eyes.

Mortified I looked down into my lap as the wolf in front of me changed to his human form. It was Dante, but a very naked Dante.

I heard as other warriors came over to help take him to the doctor for help. I just sat there and waited until I didn’t hear them anymore before I looked up.