part 26- A 4TH OF JULY SPECIAL

Jack tried to cover his face with the palm of one of his little hands, while the other was facing me, as if it's signaling me to stop.
His shoulders were shaking.

"Dude, you can't fool me!" I scolded him and he dropped his act, trying his first technique again: Jumping and squirming with his hands in the air.

"Share it with Corbyn, come on." I giggled and pat his head softly.

He stomped his foot and squirrel-sighed. As if he was saying "OoF! Whatever."

I gave him two nuts. At first he was going to shove them both into his mouth, but Corbyn was fast enough to take one and eat it.

I have never seen Jack this furious before and MY GOD that was hilarious.

I was dying out of laughter when Jack screamed his life out. He looked so fat! His squirrely scream sounded so fricking funny. He was losing his shit.
Then Zach took my phone and started taking selfies with it.

"Hey!" I snatch my phone back.

"Yep." I laugh out loud, "Definitely going to keep this one."

"E-excuse me?" I hear a male asking from under the tree.
Oh shit.
I was way too loud.
There goes one of my favorite places here.

But before I gave up on hope I tried the technique that worked with everybody that tried to come up to me.

....

Is it working?...

"You can't just ignore me forever." He calls me from down there.

"Dammit." I roll my eyes and look down, he is pretty cute actually. "Excuse me, but uhh... Go away please."

"Why?" he titled his head in confusion as he looked right into my eyes. Now I feel really uncomfortable.

"I don't need to give you any reasons." I looked back to the squirrels, who looked down at him with curiosity, "Now shoo."

"No thank yo- ooo, a ladder." He says and starts climbing up.

"No no no no no!" I complain as he gets to the top and sits in front of me on one of the blankets. "Leave!"

"Wow, did you build these? And made everything?" he looked at the beautiful things I put around to make the tree a nicer place to hang out at. He looked down and feels the blanket he sat on.

"What if I did?" I was thrown off guard.

He rested his chin on his palm and his elbow on his knee. "Well, that's dope." he lifts his hand to a handshake. "I'm Kai. You?"

"My name should mean nothing to you." I look away from him, not taking his hand. The five squirrels' eyes were shot from me to him everytime each of us spoke.

"Well, actually it matters to me." He takes his hand back awkwardly, "I saw you dancing at the cafeteria the other day."

"O-Oh." I blush from embarrassment.

"You're a pretty good dancer. And singer. But your rap is godly." He smiles at me. With as much as I hate to admit it, he looked attractive. He took nuts from one of the drawers.

Jack immediately became crazy again. At first I thought Kai will be suprised by his loud squeals, but I was wrong. I watched Kai as he chuckled and looked at Jack, cooing at him. Zach was crawling away from my lap and onto Kai's. He made himself comfortable and fell asleep. Kai watched in awe as Zach fell asleep on him and then his head shot up to look at me.

"So cuteeee!!!" He whisper-shouted. I just nodded at him and smiled slightly.

"No, Jack." he scolded Jack and booped his nose softly. "I heard what Y/N told you- you need to share!"

Jack rolled his eyes and Jonah narrowed his. Jonah and I looked at each other with one eyebrow up and then at Kai.

"What?" Kai asked, looking at me, while Jack stole the nut from his hand while he didn't pay attention.

"I never told you my name." I said as Jonah jumped to stand on my shoulder. Him and I both crossed our arms.

"I-I... Well..." He scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed that I caught him lying to me.

The squirrels looked at him suspiciously and walked slowly towards me, not breaking their eye contact with him. Zach woke up, looking up at Kai with an innocent look.

"Well..." He starts, "I've noticed you a month ago. You were alone. No friends. No one knew your name. That made me curious... So I might have followed you to class and saw you raising your hand when your name was called. Then you got out of the class 5 minutes after it started my curiosity had gotten stronger. Then you went to the music room and played and sang and I was shocked. You were the best I've ever heard. Your voice was like an angel's. Since then, everytime you're playing there I'm sitting against the door on the other side, listening."

I wanted to say something, like "Fuck you, creep!" or "Bitch I don't do dis. Mm, no way in heil" then walking away.

but I couldn't.

All I could to is to freeze.