7.4 - Issues - Drop

Niall's POV

I love you. 

Three little words, I never thought I'd say again. Not this soon anyway. But then again nothing about this, nothing about Clo is as expected. They came out, I didn't have any control over it. But I know I meant them.

Three little words that change worlds.
Three little words, making our hearts beat faster, the heat rise higher than ever before, and the lust for each other multiply by a million.
Three little words, making kissing her lips not enough for me to express how much I mean them.
So I kiss her cheek, jawline, neck, collarbone and then back to her lips.
Three little words, making her hands impossible to settle down, one is all over my hair, the other stroking my back, gripping my hips, going a little bit lower.
Three little words and nothing else make sense anymore, just me and her and nothing else. I make sure her legs are well around me, pick her up, never detaching my lips from hers unless to let them go over her neck and shoulder. I somehow managed to find my way back to my bedroom where I gently lay her on the bed as I hover above her. One more kiss before I let go, but only long enough to take my shirt off as it has become unbearable. I slightly lift the silky pink pyjama top and leave a kiss on her belly, and another moving upwards.

But then I stop, going back to her beautiful lips for one more kiss, I look into her chocolatey eyes, in a whisper I ask, 'Are you sure you want to do this?'

She nods slowly but with certainty, her eyes sparkling and a sweet smile tugging at her lips.

'I'm gonna need to hear it from you darling.'

'Yes, I'm sure. Do it. I want you. I need you.' She manages breathless.

Three little words.

'I love you'

Chloe's POV

I wake up again a while later. I just feel so happy. It's not because we did what we just did, but because I feel like our connection is much deeper and much stronger now. Nothing can threaten it anymore. For the first time ever, I actually felt like Ni's confident and certain about his feelings for me, and our weird relationship. He told me that he loves me and meant it. And that is more powerful than a relationship status, a title. I never asked for this, but I'm so happy, and thankful that it's happening. I am genuinely happy. Is that how true happiness really feels like. I like this. I don't want this feeling ever to stop.

First thing I do is look around for Niall but he's not here next to me. I slowly get out of the bed, put my PJs back on and go to the sitting room. I find him laying there looking at the TV but doesn't seem like he's really watching. Without a word, I just sit at a small distance next to him. Why is he in a bad mood? Is it just me or his eyes seem a little red. Did he get an upsetting text or something? I'm so confused and worried about him. But I know I shouldn't ask him what's wrong. He'll tell me in his own time. So instead, I make some tea for the both of us. 

Niall's POV

It's moments like these that I hate myself the most. Everything is perfect. Why am I listening to that voice in my head telling me that I'm not gonna win, I'm never gonna get what I want. What I want is being with the love of my life. What I want is being with Chloe. Because with her everything just makes more sense, the world gets a little lighter, I feel more alive than ever. So why am I letting that poisonous voice in my head telling me "Run! Get out of here! Before she breaks, before you ruin her, before the monster comes back out. Let her go! There's still time!"