Chapter 14

"Is this necessary?" Evania questioned.

Sylvia smiled, holding the small bottle of vanilla extract. "I wanna see if I give you a drop on your tongue, if you can taste food normally. Cuz then you could just bring a bottle like this around and eat whenever you want."

"I guess."

"Open up!" Sylvia laughed, holding up the bottle.

Evania narrowed her eyes.

"At least stick your tongue out."

"Syl."

"Hold out a finger."

Evania sighed and did so, holding up a finger. Sylvia squeezed a single drop onto her finger which Eva then touched to her tongue. She shivered, as the flavor was very strong and pure and probably didn't taste too good.

Sylvia then pushed a bowl of soup towards her with a huge grin. "Right, let me know what you think."

Evania took a spoon, then tried a bite. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head before she stared at Sylvia like she'd just done a backflip or something, getting the succubus to look worried.

"Is it that bad? I thought I did pretty good. Does the vanilla not work?"

"How do you know how to make it the way my grandmother did?"

"What?"

"This tastes exactly like how my grandmother made it. Before she passed away. Before I was turned." Evania explained. "How did you do that?"

"I dunno." Sylvia shrugged. "I just made it the way I thought you would like it."

"How do you know what I'd like!?"

"I don't know. Maybe I can read your mind?" Syl smirked.

"I'm serious."

"So am I! I honestly couldn't tell you... But how's about that reward kiss?"

Evania rolled her eyes and continued eating her bowl with the biggest grin on her face. Sylvia poured her own bowl and smiled as she watched her new girlfriend chow down on a bowl of nostalga.

When Evania finished her bowl, she looked up at Sylvia curiously. "What's up hun?"

Evania went to say something, then seemed to change her mind. "Can you put some in a container so I can bring it to my mom later? She would really love it."

"Of course." Sylvia smiled. "That's kinda why I made so much. And I can make more at any time, just let me know."

"Will do." Evania put her bowl in the sink, then went and sat on the couch.

"Is everything okay?" Sylvia asked. "You can be honest with me Eva."

"I know. I just... I don't know if I'm being honest with myself."

"What do you mean?" Sylvia made her way to the couch where she sat beside the vampire, gently putting her hand on the girl's thigh, watching her expression as she tried contemplating what she wanted to do.

"I want... I want us to be more... but I also don't think I'm ready."

"You can't expect your memories to be overwritten so easily."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... you probably want to replace the memories of him, with good memories of me. The problem is, if and when I touch you, the first thing you're going to think of is him, and it's going to hurt you. This is something we're going to have to take really, really slow." Sylvia explained, running her thumb over Evania's thigh.