chapter 28

I was feeling much better and it was time to go back to school. I went to theater, trying my best not to throw up again at the sight of Asher. This was going to just be something I would have to deal with.

As I continued the rest of my day, everything was normal until fifth period. When I walked into geometry I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Luca?" I said, shocked to see my hookup from the cruise here in my math class.

"Oh my gosh, Emerson?" he said standing up.

He came over to me and gave me a hug, and let me tell you, I missed him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, my family moved here last week," he shrugged.

"That's awesome!" I smiled, "So does that mean we can start off where we left off?" I smirked.

"Well," he said, "what are you doing after school today?"

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"Okay, how about we go out to get ice cream?" he asked.

"I'll ask my brothers," I said.

"Cool, just text me," he said kissing my cheek, and then sitting in his seat.

This day couldn't get any better.

Josh dropped Wesley and I off at home after school while him and Brady went to the gym.

"Hey where's the guys?" I asked Wes, when we opened the door to nobody.

"They're all at work. Hayden's giving Josh and Brady a private workout at the gym," he said, "I was asked to stay here with you."

"Oh my gosh," I rolled my eyes, "I don't need a babysitter!"

He slowly turned towards me. "Remember when you snuck out of the house to go meet that fuckboy at the beach? This is why we don't trust you."

I looked at my feet. "I- I was feeling rebellious that day."

"No shit," he laughed, "we couldn't find you for hours."

"Well since you're the only one home," I asked, "can you take me to the ice cream place to get ice cream with a friend?"

"And who would this friend be?" he asked, arms crossed.

"Well, if you must know, my friend's name is Luca," I said.

"Well, is this Luca a boy?" he asked.

"I don't know, maybe," I smiled.

"Oh hell no," he said.

"Please, Wes," I begged.

"Where did you meet him?" he asked.

"On the cruise, he just so happened to move here last week, and he asked me to go get ice cream," I said.

"Fine, you can go, but I'm going with you," he smirked.

"Wes no, please," I whined. I did not need him there chaperoning my date.

"Relax, I'll sit at a different table," he rolled his eyes.

"Ugh okay," I said.

I texted Luca and we made plans to meet up in thirty minutes. I warned him about Wesley being there.

I went upstairs and changed into a cute outfit and made my way downstairs. I found Wes on the couch with the car keys in his hand.

"Why'd you go change?" he asked.