(Arc-6.7)

Chapter 74
Legend of the Holy Light (Arc 6.7)

The one who came to negotiate with them was an elder from the demon clan. In his hand he held a skull wand, his slender and dark eyes swept through the crowd and finally stopped on Orede. “I heard that the great prince has already cleared out his demon magic, originally I did not believe it, but now I am half convinced.”

“Whether you believe it or not does not matter to me. Let us directly get to the topic.” Orede had already dealt with this demon elder before on the battlefield, and knew that he was quite difficult to handle.

The demon elder let out a strange and unpleasant laugh. “The great prince has really not changed a bit, it’s just that the two princes are both in, right now which one can make the decisions?”

As soon as the demon elder came he first started to provoke their relationship. Louis’s expression changed, he could understand the meaning of the demon elder’s words, that as long as Orede was there, he as the second prince would not have any voice.

Orede instead did not pay attention to his words. “Who has the authority you are naturally very clear about in your heart, why pretend to be confused here. The people who had previously come to an agreement with you, and the people who are now here to discuss with you, are all here. You just need to speak clearly, when does your demon clan prepare to leave our cities.”

The demon elder lost his smiling expression. “You killed our demon clan’s demonic beast, how would you compensate us? I think that using those three cities to trade would be just right.”

“Your demonic beast is not worth our humans’ three cities, not to mention that in these five years, your demon clan has not brought less harm to our people. If we really want to calculate carefully, ten demonic beasts would not be enough.” Orede had no intention to retreat, when comparing temperament or strength, he had never lost before.

“It seems that you humans, or perhaps the great prince you yourself, completely have no intention of maintaining peace with our demons!” The demon elder let go of his already very flimsy facade.

Orede looked at him. “If it were based on my own intentions, I simply did not even have plans to negotiate with you. I will give you two days, after two days, my soldiers and I will make all the demons that appear in the humans cities vanish completely.”

“The great prince’s meaning, is to go to war?” The demon elder asked.

“If you want to understand it that way, that’s not impossible. If the demons do not retreat, then the only choice will be to go to war.”

“Do you all agree with him?” The demon elder looked at Louis and Carnia.

Louis clenched his fists and did not respond. Even the news about losing three cities had not been sent back to the capital, even though Barron was an idiot, he still knew the severity of these matters, and used his father’s power to suppress the news. If he let the entire empire know about this, then when Louis was in charge of state affairs, his cousin directly giving three border cities to the demons would destroy his painstakingly created image. So those three cities had to be taken back, and he had to be the one to take them back.

“It seems that we simply have no need to negotiate today.” The demon elder stood up. “Did you think that the demons would be afraid of going to war with you!”

“Then we will meet on the battlefield.” Orede also stood up.

The demon elder gloomily stared at Orede, moved to turn around and leave, but instead suddenly attacked Orede with his magic wand.