Chapter 14

Y O U                   

"Stop being cheesy." I said to him, pushing his freshly out of shower body away, yet to no avail. He wrapped his arms around my body tighter, refusing to let go.

I still struggle to let go until I heard him sniffling.

"If you were with me riding my bike earlier, and if y-you f-fell. If y-you were h-hurt and it's all because of me I... I-- I don't know what am I suppose to do, Y/N." I sighed and hugged him back, rubbing a circle behind his shoulder.

"I am not hurt, Tae. See? I'm here and I'm fine, correct?" I pushed him away one more time and this time he loosened his grip, although his arms never left mine.

"I know." He sniffled. I saw his reddening nose, tears stained cheeks, eyes glossy.

I smiled upon seeing him looking like this, no, I'm not being sadistic! I just felt happy he genuinely cared about me. How can someone like me, have that many effects on him? Probably a question that I wouldn't like to know the answer.

I run my thumb gently over his cheeks. "Stop crying like a baby and let me finish treating you."

I pulled away, taking out the bandage from the box, placing it carefully on his wound.

"Finish." I patted his head. He giggled lightly just like a good puppy as I did.

I raised his left arm up in the air. "Are you sure you're okay? There is no more injury?" Then raised up his right one.

He snatched his arm away then chuckled. "Nope. Because I saved myself with my amazing acrobatic technique." What the hell he was talking.

He sat up straight on the sofa, clapping his hands like a seal.

I flopped on next to him, resting my head on the leather couch, sighing heavily.

Here comes Taehyung's bedtime story about his journey again. *sigh

"So I was riding in the rain, the road was so empty today, so I sped up a little." I furrowed my eyebrows and he raised up his palms up in the air, signaling his surrender.

"Just a littleeeeee bit I swear to God!" He made a pinch gesture with his slim fingers, showing how little bit it was.

Unconvinced but acceptable.

"Continue." I said.

His eyes lightened up and he scooted closer to me.

"When I almost arrived on the red light I tried to lower my speed, but then I realized my brake wasn't working. And there was a car coming across." I gasped.

"Tae!"

"Ssssh!" He placed his index finger on top of my lips.

"Let me finish." I sucked in a deep breath, nodding.

"Then I immediately put my weight on my right, letting the bike slide to the side, I jumped right before it hit the traffic pole."

"Ohmaggad! Tae! Are you crazy?!"

"My body was rolling smoothly but my helmet accidentally went off before I landed smoothly. That's how I got this scratch." He pointed at his treated wound.

"That's a quite deep cut, Tae! Not a scratch." I raised my voice but he immediately hugged me again.

"But Thank God you weren't there. If you are there, you probably won't be able to save yourself. I couldn't bear even just for imagining it." He sighed.

"After the crash, I called the police and after a few questions they let me go." He admitted.

"And you know what so cool? I came here riding a police car!" He cheered, like a little kid showing off his new toys.

"Not funny at all, Tae. Not cool at all. Tomorrow you have to go to the hospital." He shook his head furiously.

"I hate needles."

"Tae..." I gritted my teeth and he immediately sinks.

"Oui. Only if you with me. I need mental support." He insisted.

"Fine." I laughed.

"Can we sleep now?" I widened my eyes.

"You want to sleep here???" He pulled away, nodding his head. His eyes sparkling, filled with hopes, how can I refuse that?

"But you're taking the sofa." He shook his head furiously.

"Can we cuddle?" I let out a deep sigh.

"Pleaseeeeeeeee..." He rested his head on my shoulder before nuzzling closer to my neck.

And with a heavy heart. "What are you? Five?" He nodded his head furiously.

"Pleaseeeeeeee..."

Even if I refused, he will jump onto my bed anyway.

"Do I even have a chance to say no?" He grinned widely from ear to ear.

I stood up from the sofa, walking toward my bedroom. He clung on me like a koala. We both fell on my bed with his heavy body on top of mine.

"Tae... I can't breath!" He giggled and let me go, slept next to me.

I pulled the blanket covering both of us. It was still six in the evening. Rain pouring softly, lulling us to sleep.

He wrapped his arms around my body again, this time pulling me to nuzzle on his chest, not listening to the pitter patter of the rain anymore, I listened to the pit-a-pat of his heart instead.

Why is it so loud?

Taehyung closed his eyes and murmured incoherently.

"Sweet dream." I said.

Soft snores and warm hugs then filled the void between us.

__

Taehyung slowly fluttered his eyes open. He stared on the girl who slept next to him, buried on his chest.

He smiled softly, running his hands over her locks, tucked it behind her ear.

He leaned closer and kissed her forehead. With a sigh of content, he pulled her closer, one hand behind her head and the other around her waist.

"I love you."

He pulled away, slowly stood up from the bed. Tiptoeing carefully, he walked out of the room to be back not too long after.

He found his way toward the bag she placed on the table, stuffing his hand to find her wallet. He peeks through the pouch and spotted a flashy yellow colored paper.

Glancing at the sleeping girl, making sure she wasn't awake, he then pulled the paper out. He crumpled and stuffed it inside his left pocket. He then let out another one from his right, same yellow color but yet so different, and stuffed it inside instead.

He closed the wallet, placing it inside her bag carefully as if nothing happened, before slowly walked toward the bed again, sleeping next to her. His brown orbs staring at her fondly before slowly his eyelids went heavy.

He wrapped his arms securely around her waist again, whispering softly to her ear.

"And with this, shall you be mine?"