1.11

In the next morning, when Bai Mengxiang had woken up, Xu Yongheng had already left for the morning court. Bai Mengxiang didn't worry about anything, instead, he was quite excited.

Today, Mei Lin was hosting the mini meeting for Yu Zhuang's arrival as the new consort in the harem. Bai Mengxiang already knew that some drama was going to happen and he just couldn't help his excitement. The meeting where all concubines and consorts attended had never ended up as a pretty sight. Bai Mengxiang had learnt that from all the movies he watched, and honestly, it taught him quite a lot. Bai Mengxiang was just going to be a bystander watching as everyone else played their role in the play because he didn't need to get involve with petty fights. But it had been quite a while since something like this made him so happy. Well, that didn't mean that there has been none.

His time spent in this world couldn't be considered bad, but he had never step foot outside of the palace, and boredom was catching up to him. The only excitement he got was when System played movies in his mind so that he could watch them. But as much as Bai Mengxiang wanted to get out of the palace, he also knew that it could be dangerous, especially since he was carrying a child and couldn't really move around like he use to. Especially since there were some people out there who wanted to get rid of him, or, to be specific, Bai Mengxiang's child.

From what Bai Mengxiang knew, if he gave birth to a son, most likely, there would be a lot of people scheming to get rid of a potential crown prince. Sons were cute, but a baby girl would be adorable too. What he did know though, was that whether his child is a boy or a girl, they were definitely going to have incredible genes. Bai Mengxiang could already imagine how beautiful they would become in the future.

Bai Mengxiang did meet a problem though. For some random reason, Xu Yongheng's love meter had stopped at 92% and hasn't been rising. The only answer he could think of was probably because he hadn't given birth yet, but even he didn't know.

All he knew was that it was going to be a headache trying to get the meter up so while he was at it, he was going to annoy the heck out of Shilian and Yu Zhuang, because, why not?

At that moment, Xiao Lan had finished dressing him up for the day. His outfit was not extravagant but it was still befitting of someone with his status. His hair was not in a bun or anything, instead, it was left flowing freely. The robe he wore was made from the finest of silk given from the Empress Dowager herself, and was personally designed with her ideas. Since the Empress Dowager knew that he liked flowers, the white robe was imprinted with a lotus, red and gold thread were embedded onto the cloth and the sleeves were made to be longer so that they flowed when his hands were down by his side.

"There you go, Imperial Noble Consort. Today, you look beautiful as always, and there seems to be a heathy glow coming from you." Xiao Lan couldn't hide the smile on her face that made it seem like she was complimenting her child. She looked like she was staring at her own child.

"Thank you, Xiao Lan. The meeting should be beginning soon, right?" Bai Mengxiang put on his most dazzling smile and his voice was a powerful yet sweet tone to listen to.

"Yes, Imperial Noble Consort. I reckon that it will begin in a little while. There should be enough time for you to take a walk around the palace if you want to, Imperial Noble Consort," Xiao Lan helped Bai Mengxiang get up, her eyes never leaving his figure, and she also put a smile on her face.

"It will be alright. It wouldn't be good for me to arrive later than everyone," Bai Mengxiang gently shook his head as he began walking out the doors with Xiao Lan walking by his side to make sure nothing happens to him.

The walk was peaceful and quiet. Since Bai Mengxiang was rarely out, he took glances at everything, from flowers to birds and butterflies, and even at humans. He didn't talk, mostly because he didn't want to and because Bai Mengxiang didn't really speak when walking or looking at the scenery. He also knew that Xiao Lan understood that much about Bai Mengxiang.