301

A TRAILER I MADE FOR THE FINAL WAR ON DEVOTION! GIVE IT A WATCH BEFORE READING^^^

(You may need to quickly skim chapter 233 and 244 for the beginning of this chapter)

Ethan Charleston

September 18th 2012
12 years ago

With my shoes kicking a stray stone on my walk home, my mind pondered with emptiness. The smooth rock tumbled against the sidewalk as I walked home from school, notebook in my right hand. Today was a hard day, we had gym and I was the unlucky student who got targeted all game. Like usual, the teacher never noticed the picking the other guys do to me. Even on the soccer field the teacher never interferes when I get pushed down to the ground maliciously. They all think it's just 'boys being boys and playing rough'.

I don't even like soccer, I'm not good at it, and I just get pushed around. Gym was my nightmare, I dreaded the bell ringing for it everyday.

I was only a block from my house, by daily twenty minute walk almost down. Usually I had my sister to walk with, but she left class early for a dentist appointment. So it was just me at this stone today, one I've manage to keep kicking all the way from the school. It gave me something to do, made time pass.

My alone walks home here and there gave me time to think, sometimes thoughts I didn't want. After school walks were hard alone because you're almost forced to think about all the things that happened that day. And  usually my days were bad.

I never understand. I'm nice to everyone, all the time. But people still pick on me like I'm a terrible person. Just because I'm smaller then everyone makes me the odd one out always. I get pushed around all the time, physically. People call me rude names, and like to make me feel like an outcast any chance I get.

It's not fair.

When I heard the sounds of bikes scraping up gravel at a quickened speed, my heart jumbled.

I turned my head around to see two faces of boys form my school, ones that pick on me the most. It was Justin and Chris.

"Well, look who it is." Justin had a devilish smile on his face, screeching his bike right in front of me. My stomach went into knots.

No, not again.

Chris pulled up next to him, hat turned backwards and a scowl on his face. My heart started to race, palms starting to sweat. I was only a block away from home, I could make it if I ran.

I turned right around and started sprinting without saying anything else. The textbooks in my bag were weighing me down but I had no choice but to get home or get beat up again. It wasn't very long until I heard their bikes firing down the cement again in chase with me, the sound of their peddling enough to give me nightmares.

"Get back here!" I heard Justin yell and it made me just want to scream for help but I couldn't even catch my breath with the adrenaline of my running and fear. I know my sister would be home, and if I yelled her name a few houses down then maybe she's hear me.

I only had one road to cross and a couple of houses until my front lawn, I can make it. I think I'll be safe as long as—

Suddenly I felt the harsh impact of what my guess was one of their backpacks to my back. The object hit me hard between the shoulders which made me fly forward into the road I was about to cross.

I stumbled into the road at an uncontrollable speed, mid falling as I heard the sound of a loud car horn that was blowing my eardrums. I turned my head to be facing a trunk bumper that was flying right in front of my face. I breathed in sharply, everything going black with nothing but the sound of the horn.