Chapter 40

And another short one...

       They did. They hesitated, just as dad's hands flew up shamelessly, "I forfeit this round!" He shouted with a grin making me snicker as I bolted the moment the horn was blown, one of the vials in my hand open. A potion being downed while I slid on instinct, a freaking blade soaring through the air where my head would have been. I hope that was blunt.

       Staring at the stone faced man that threw it I clicked my tongue while I rolled into a crouch, both avoiding the ax kick and ice shards. Unfortunately, Alex's brother slammed his leg directly on the pointed ice while I let out a whistle. Already running in anything but a straight line.

       Jay's mother flying straight at me in a none pacifist way that had me regretting every thought I've ever had about those with wind magic. Even worse. Jay's vine wrapped around my leg, gasping dramatically I looked at him offended while he gave an apologetic shrug and a face of complete confusion. Equally unknowing to why he did it.

        A very large hammer slamming into my back and ripping me free of it while I gurgled in pain thinking sharp objects should be allowed for a split second. So. Alex's father is good with a hammer. Rolling with a forced breath I found my feet and started to sprint away once more, but the lady had caught up to me so I was forced to defend high wind levels.

      I did not. I was sent flying. I regret not following after my father. The brave die. Cowards are the ones that survive. Grunting as I went to get up I found a boot slam into my chest, earning a groan. Can't you go after each other? This is a free for all you know?

      "Surrender," He said coldly, those mismatched eyes quite frozen while something sparked in my stomach, a lazy grin pulling at my lips.

        "No," I chuckled, my head falling into the dirt. "I didn't go out of my way to run around for no reason," He paused in his motion to stomp me some more the vial in my hand shattering with a bit of force as I moaned my path igniting in a flash of fire before exploding. Sending all but three flying, they weren't close enough to my path.

      Pulling my legs up I swung myself back onto my feet, my hand finding the back of my neck as I rolled it. I am so glad I took that body strengthing potion. I'd of been down the moment that hammer touched me. Still hurt though. Blunt weapons really are the worst.

       "Fire?" Came a cold growl, my gaze shifting back to the one who had tried to impale me with ice not too long ago, the fire dancing around him while I didn't comment. Having already figured out that he was a dual wielder. "You're going to have to try harder than that-"

      "Oh don't worry, I'm already done, just needed to show off a little, I had to get payback you see, I haven't even gotten started yet," I grinned the six marbles I had originally dropped rising in a sluggish manner. "But I'm not the biggest fan of being ganged up on,"

     He watched as they rushed at everyone but him. Everyone having their own to deal with. Jay immediately forfeiting. "You aren't the only one with some fun magic you know,"