seven - the cooler avengers

I wasn't allowed my phone or computer at camp so I couldn't write at all, I got so many ideas and I had to wait to write them out.

I hopped off my school bus, I feel less safe now that I don't have JARVIS connected to my phone.

I loved that AI.

"Hazel!" I felt arms wrap around me. I got into my defensive mode.

"Woah, are you okay?" Peter turned me around.

"Oh it's just you, yeah I'm fine." I played with my bag's straps.

"Some people said last night a bunch of lights were flashing in the tower and some glass also broke and fell into the streets...what happened?" Peter put his hand on my shoulder.

"Uh, One of Tony's projects exploded." I lied. The bell rang. "Oh do you hear that, we have to hurry!" I grabbed Peter's hand and dashed to class.

"I just wanted to make sure everything's cool, you seemed scared at the movies." He pulled me from running. "Hazel, I'm your friend, I'm always here to talk."

I snorted, "Peter, I promise, everything is okay."

I felt a hand around my shoulder. "Hello miss beautiful." I heard the most annoying voice I've heard here.

"Fuck off Flash." I shoved his arm off.

"Hey this is our last year of middle school-" He looked at the poster for the end of the school dance. "Wanna be my date?"

"Excuse me Flash, could you please leave?" Peter spoke up.

I smiled. "Actually...okay Flash listen, I would totally love to go dancing but...I just-" I fake pouted. "I'm busy hanging out with the avengers, you know how it is." I dropped my smile. "So go chew a brick." I turned and walked into my class room.

Stupid boys.

                              •   •   •

It was already the last class of the day. I was busy taking notes, my little brain is fast I tell you.

"Hazel." I felt a tap on my arm.

"Yes Parker?" I put my pencil down and whispered.

"About that dance-" He began to say but the lights shut off.

There was still light in the room from the windows so it wasn't totally dark. "What the hell?" I looked to the teacher.

"The power went out, everyone stay put it's probably just a fuse." The teacher stood up and walked over to the door, looked and then walked back.

I slipped my phone into my pocket. "Schools don't just lose power randomly." I motioned for Mj to come. "Do you know where the main power is?"

She scooted her chair over. "No, I know the school well but not that well."

"Okay shall we go on a little adventure?" I zipped up my bag.

"The teacher won't let us leave." Peter looked up. I glanced over, she's just at her desk. Most teachers don't give a damn anymore.

"Not a problem, grab Ned." I stood up and tip toed over to the door.

Peter, Ned and Mj all sneaked out the door behind me. I slipped through the door and shut it slowly. "Okay here's the thing, last night we were attacked at the tower by a murder bot and he has weird control over technology I think so he might be trying to murder me."

"You said you were okay-" Peter started.

"Don't take it personally, I keep the avengering out of my school life." I cut him off.