9.

The sound of a buzzing phone woke up Jersey from her slumber. She scoffed under her breath while shifting around on the air mattress. She was hoping the noise would stop but it didn't. It just kept on ringing and ringing. Pretty much driving her crazy.

She snatched her pillow up and grabbed her plugged up phone. Jersey noticed the texts and missed calls from her Auntie. She took a deep breath before removing her charger and calling her Auntie.

"I guess you're still mad at me?" Lisa inquired with a smart tone.

Jersey rolled her eyes before speaking. "What do you want?"

"I want you to come and get your bed out of my apartment. If you don't plan on using it then I'll just give it to Shaye."

Jersey's eyes bugged when her aunt mentioned giving her bed to Shaye. Shaye was Jersey's cousin.

"Shaye, she's in town?"

"She's moving back here." Lisa informed her. "She just moved into her own apartment and I need to know if you still want your bedroom set or not because she needs one."

Jersey snapped her brows together. She and Shaye didn't fuck with each other at all. They had different personalities which kept them from being close. Shaye was conceited. She stayed talking Jersey down and she felt like she was better than her.

"I'm coming to get it today." Jersey declared.

She ended the call and pulled herself from bed. On her way to the bathroom, she noticed Kelli in the living room with her boyfriend, Travis. Jersey rolled her eyes while proceeding to go in the bathroom.

"I want to go to the movies tonight." Kelli told Travis. He turned his head around when he heard feet pattering on the floor. It was Jersey who had just walked into the bathroom.

"When did she move in?" He asked in a low voice.

"Weeks ago-a month now. Maybe two months. You would know but you rarely come over here." Kelli replied. "Why are so concerned about her?"

"I'm not... I just don't understand why you're still friends with her." Travis vacillated. "She almost got Quintin fucked up."

Kelli narrowed her eyes at him. "Quintin deserved that ass whooping. He tried to rape her in the club." She reasoned. "And besides, Jersey and I have been friends since forever. I'm not going to stop being her friend because of Quintin's dusty ass."

"I'm not telling you to stop..."

"And you shouldn't." Kelli addressed him. "I didn't tell you to stop being friends with Quintin. And we both know that he put Jersey through a lot of shit. With his rock-headed ass."

"You're right..." Travis conceded with a head nod. "My bad, I apologize."

"Kelli?" Jersey called out as she walked inside the living room. Her short hair was frizzy and curly. She was dressed in a tank-top with some pajama pants.

"What's up?"

Jersey glanced over at Travis, but she didn't speak. He didn't bother to speak as well.

"I need you to call your brothers. Lisa is trying to give my bed away to Shaye."

"Shaye...that bitch is back?" Kelli questioned her friend with a snarl.

"Unfortunately, yes." Jersey answered. "And now I need to get a small U-Haul so I can get my bedroom set today. I don't want her with it."

"Me and Quintin can help." Travis suggested with a petty smirk on his face. Kelli shoved him lightly as she furrowed her eyebrows.