Say I Can Stay...Please

Author's Note: This chapter was revised by crossoverLIFE19. Thank you crossoverLIFE19! 🤗

     When we finally reach our destination, my unease spikes. There's a crowd gathering at the spot where the chosen VKs will be picked up. Almost everyone is causing some kind of annoyance; squeals, loud chattering, or even subtle murmuring never ceases in the group of curious villains. It spikes my irritation - how stupid are these people? Auradon isn't a haven for 'lucky villains' to right themselves! It's turning us against each other and hurting everyone around us. My grip tightens on my staff and I try my hardest to sink into the shadows. I stick close to the brick wall near an alleyway, in which Dad hides in the shadows as well. 

     I glance over to try and find him, like all those times we played hide and seek, but my attention turns back to the barrier. A limo drives through it, only a small gap opening enough for the vehicle to breeze through without a problem. The crowd gets louder, everyone swarming around the car like celebrity fans as they shout random greetings. I glare, scuffing my shoes against the hard ground. The leather scratches at my ankle, causing me to grimace and glance down at them. As I reach to remove them,Dad pops up beside me with a disapproving stare. I freeze, smiling sheepishly at him before quickly loosening the strings and standing once more. I wait a moment, and right as he disappears in the shadows, I reach to fiddle with them again.

      "Jackson." 

      I shoot back up, standing straight and whistling my old lullaby to distract myself. He knows very well I don't like footwear - the stiff holding keeping my feet imprisoned within my discomfort. With a small glance to the side, I watch Dad sink into the shadows once more with a reminiscent smile, shaking his head gently. Slowly, my whistles come to a halt. I haven't whistled that tune in a long time - and of course, the one time I do is the time I'm leaving home for good. 

       "Jack!" 

      The sudden yell rips me from my thoughts and my head shoots up to meet the intruder. Carlos is running towards me, a large grin on his face and his eyes sparkling. It disgusts me and I don't hesitate to throw a scowl back at him. Even as Dizzy, Celia, Squeaky, and Squirmy are ushered into the car, I don't move from my spot. 

      "Are you ready to go, Jack?" Carlos asks, smiling wide as he steps up next to me. I hate it even more, and I throw my head to look back at Dad's hiding place. Carlos isn't my friend - he hasn't been for a while, so why is he trying to act like we are? 

     Looking back at Dad, I make my eyes wide and pleading. I don't want to go, and he knows I don't. However, Dad doesn't meet my gaze as he simply hands my suitcase over to Carlos. Everything's silent for a moment until King Ben decides to join us. 

    "You might want to get inside the limo

    "You might want to get inside the limo. We're about done here." He smiles at both me and Dad. 

     Dad raises an eyebrow at him, while I refuse to budge. 

    "Take care of him, Your Majesty," Daddy demands, slowly turning his palms to grip at the shadows. A scythe pops out, and Dad twirls it expertly in his grasp. 

     "We will," King Ben assures. 

      He's not going to back down - he's not going to let me stay. The thought rushes into me, and I jerk back at the sudden spike of pain that shoots into my heart. Carlos tries to catch me as I stumble, but I toss his hand away from me and rush into Dad's arms. I hear a gust of air, and I know the scythe is gone once more. Dag hugs back, his grip tight and he bends down to envelope all of me in his warmth. Tears begin to flow down my cheeks and my chest begins to throb painfully. 

     "Say I can stay...please," I whisper into his chest, sure that Carlos and King Benheard me. I can't find it in myself to care. The only thing I've ever cared about is going to be torn away from me. The tears start falling faster. Dad smooths my hair down. "Look forward, Jack, not backward." Then he gently leads me to the limo. 

      I get in the limo, stumbling on the edge of the door

      I get in the limo, stumbling on the edge of the door. The tears blur my vision as I try to find a comfortable spot, forcing myself into the corner with the nearest window. Ben and Carlos follow me through the door, maneuvering around me to reach their friends. The door shuts with a loud bang, almost causing me to jump. Daddy waves goodbye with the others, his gaze fixing on me. 

       I can't help it, I allow tears to flow down for the whole limo to see. What's going to happen now?

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Author's Note: Ok! I managed to get this out, tonight! I hope you all enjoyed it. Thank you for reading it. Please vote, comment, and share; that really encourages my writing. Thank you! 🤗🤗🤗