Sixty One

Elena

February 14

My first Valentine's Day with somebody else and although I thought it was gonna be weird, it wasn't. Today was actually starting off great already

I've been officially dating Donovan for a few weeks now and so far he's made me the happiest I've ever been. Although I'm no longer in school to see him everyday, he has an off campus apartment so I occasionally stay with him

"How the food taste?" Donovan asked then waited for me to answer. Not only was he fine as hell, educated and an athlete.. but he could cook too. Along with breakfast, he gifted me with a fruit bouquet from edible arrangements, some chocolates and a bear

I swallowed the food in my mouth and smiled "it taste good. Thank you baby"

"Anytime" he smiled as he leaned down and planted a kiss on my lips "you comin to my game Tuesday?"

"Of course. I need to go ahead and find me an outfit to wear cause I gotta go looking snatched"

"You can't be lookin too good now. I see how them boys used to look at you around campus. And the last couple of games you came to"

"But you know I only got eyes for you so they don't matter"

Donovan smiled and sat down at the table so I moved over on his lap

"Next year I gotta come to more of your games so you need to send me the schedule as soon as you get it"

He shook his head "it ain't gone be no next year"

I knitted my eyebrows together "Why not? I thought you loved basketball. I was even gonna get a jersey made with your number on it"

"You can get one made after you find out which team ima be drafted to. How about that"

I turned all the way around to face him with a huge smile on my face "you going pro?"

He nodded and I grabbed his face, kissing him

"I'm so proud of you"

"Now instead of watching yo man play from the bleachers, you bout to be sitting court-side cheering me on babygirl"

"I cant believe this. This is so big for you"

"Big for us" he told me while he kissed on my shoulder and I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear

"I'm so ready for you to meet my sisters and friends"

"I'm ready to meet them too" he responded as he placed his hand on my thigh"you sure they gone like me though?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?"

"They probably used to you being with ol boy. And then you said y'all still hang around each other. That shit gone be weird"

"Donovan, baby, I promise you. You don't have nothing to worry about. And when it comes to Kd and I, it's like we never dated. Plus he's back with alaysia so I doubt he's thinking about me in that kind of way"

He nodded and I grabbed his face again making him look at me "Forreal baby. I promise. Matter of fact, ima bring them to your game Tuesday. How about that?"

He chuckled and scratched his chin "Ight, cool. Let's just see how this goes.... but until then let's enjoy today"

I stood up and sat to where I was straddling his lap facing him.

"Im down for that"

Jamie

After almost 5 months of putting up with Daejah's bullshit I was sick of it. She pushed my final buttons and it's time for her to go