Chapter 24

Everly

"What are you doing in the dark? Where is Abby?"

"She went home." He said as he turned on the lamp beside my bed and I squinted due to the sudden exposure to the light. He sat on my bed and played with my hair.

"Why?" I whispered.

"She asked for it." He said. "And same for that guy too."

"Did they even agree to allow you to stay?"

"Do they even had a choice?" He chuckled. "She asked me to leave like you think I will? I asked them to play a game and they should have known to never agree to play a game with me." He leaned closer to me. "I always win no matter what." Our lips almost touched each other before he moved back. "We had a fair game, they lost, so they had to take their sorry a**es along with them."

"What about my dad?"

"He was the judge." He smiled, his dimple evident, his smile shone in the darkness.

"You seem pretty happy." I pointed out.

"It feels nice to win."

"Did you win last night?" I asked.

"Like I said, I always win."

I touched his busted lip, he did not winced, but rather looked at me with an odd look.

"Does your parents know about this?" I asked, curious.

"They of course know about it." He chuckled.

"And they are fine with it?"

"Of course not, it's not like they can do much."

"You are so weird." I said and moved my hand away from his face, my hand dropped to my side and he sighed as he took hold of my hand.

"Don't give me that look." He whispered.

"What look?"

"You look upset with me."

"I am just worried for you. You are moving to the bad side, hey! How did my dad even allow you to be here with me?" I asked pointing out.

"I told him it was self-defence. Boxing is about surviving and defending yourself from your opponent. He said as long as I am nice to you, he is all good." He grinned.

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"Close to midnight." He said and moved closer to my bed and warned me before turning the light off.

We laid down close to each other and he pulled me in for a cuddle.

"Why were you ignoring me?" I asked him.

He did not answer and simply hugged me tighter.

"You know, we will be having this conversation now or later."

"Let's keep it for later." He whispered and I know he is about to fall asleep soon with the sleepy tone in his voice. I did not say anything anymore and waited for him to finally fall asleep. I tried to turn around to look at him, but he held me tighter. I fell asleep soon in his arms and hope that tomorrow he will remain the same and won't be back to his cra^py self.

The next morning, I was feeling much better than yesterday. He was still sound asleep beside me and I sat up on the bed and checked my phone. Elliot's phone was vibrating a lot and I peeped to see someone was calling him, the same number called him and I almost had the urge to pick it for him, but hesitated and gently shake him.

"You have a phone call." I said.

He groaned and reached for his phone which was on his side, table.

"What?" He snapped and I can make out he was in a bad mood. His green eyes snapped open, it looked beautiful and angry at the same time.

"Shut the f^ck up!" He snapped at the person and sat up "I don't have time for these bullsh^t." And ended the call.

I sat stilled, waiting for his mood swings to hit me, but when I looked at him. He smiled at me and lean to kiss the side of my head. "How was sleep, love?" He asked.

"Good." I said, surprised by his sudden mood swings.

"I had a good sleep." He said, as he stretched and I realized his shirt is missing.

"What the f^ck? Where is your shirt?"

He chuckled. "You were warm, so I didn't need one."

I glowered at him, "What are you doing today?" I asked, suddenly curious.

He smiled, "You want me to stay with you?"

"I am just asking." I blushed and snapped at him, unintentionally and he raised his hands in a defensive way.

"Or you want me to leave?" He asked in a serious tone and I hesitated. "Even if you want me to leave, I am not leaving."

"Then why asking me that question?" I asked him.

"You are so cute." He said as he give me a quick kiss on the side of my head.

"I am still sleepy." I said and lied down on the bed and covered myself with the blanket.

"Didn't you sleep enough?" He asked as he pulled the blanket from me.

"Hey." I screamed as he tried to snatch it again and he seemed to be enjoying more, until his phone rang again.

"What?" He snapped. "I said, no." And looked at me before getting up and leaving the room. He came back after sometime and said that most unexpected thing.

"I have to go." He said, not looking me in the eyes and taking his belongings and my heart felt heavy by his words.

"Okay." I simply said.

"Take care and keep yourself warm." This time he looked me straight in the eyes and I simply nodded.

"I will see you later, love." He said as he bend down to kiss my forehead.

Just like that, he left me all alone not just that day, but for a couple of days.

Author's Note: Hey readers, please add this book to your library or reading lists to get notified about the updates for the books. Thank you for being patient and waiting for new chapters❤️ your supports means a lot to me.