41| Guilt.

-We're a Team••••        ••••        ••••

-We're a Team
••••        ••••        ••••

When Sully woke up the following morning, she didn't expect to find her home empty.

The petite teen silently roamed the lower level of her house, resembling somewhat of a lost soul. Her curly blonde mane had became knotted through the night, and her sparking brown eyes were bloodshot. When she caught sight of herself in the morning, she freaked. She was growing more and more tired.

Her mind wandered back to the previous night, and all the events that plagued her.

First, she thought of Billy.

Sully had no idea where she stood with the male. He was beyond gorgeous. The type of guy every girl would dream to be their boyfriend. Though his attitude sort of ruined his promising image. There was no denying that he was an awful person, but Sully couldn't help but feel as if there was more to the denim clad male than what meets the eye. She just wasn't sure what exactly that was, and if it was enough for him to be redeemable.

Then, there was her.

Ever since she was young, Sully was always on spot when it came to other people's emotions. Because of this, she was very understanding of one's feelings as she felt she was able to put herself in one's shoes. It was something Sully always prided herself with being able to do. However, last night was a new experience. Something she had never felt in her entire life. She went from being able to be empathic towards others feelings to absorbing them. She wasn't even connecting with others emotions, but reading them and it wasn't just their feelings. She was able to hear the voices of Billy and other classmates, without them ever opening their mouths.

The girl let out a small groan as she threw herself on the couch. Curling up into a ball, Sully lightly ground her teeth at her bottom lip that she wedged between them. The more she came to the conclusion that she was able to read people's mind, the more anxious she became.

"I'm a freak." Sully whispered to herself.

She was a freak.

And she was alone. Both figuratively, and metaphorically.

Before the teen could wallow further, the sound of the front doorbell ringing caught her attention. Sully titled her head towards the entrance of her living room, before dropping it back onto the couches cushion. She didn't feel like getting up from her pitiful position, and greeting whoever was outside her house. Sully didn't look, nor feel presentable at the moment. However, when the rings turned into knocks, the blonde knew that she had to get up.

As Sully made her way to the front door, she ran her fingers through her knotted curls, and vigorously wiped at her eyes to get rid of any trace of her tears that had been collecting in her ducts.

Letting out a deep breath, she opened the door by a crack. Sully peered through the crack and saw a friendly face waiting for her out on the steps, with an easy smile on their face. This somewhat made the girl's spirit rise a little, as she opened the door wider.