My Dearest

"This dream.. feels too real."

"Seriously Casey... I'm running out of ideas how to prove that this.. is not your dream." Adira weakly complained and plopped back to her soft flower bed.

Casimir once again froze on his spot before a tiny child leapt past him—pushing him out of the way—and plopped on top of Adira. He nuzzled his teary face against her chest and bawled really hard.

Adira was stunned for a while as her heart felt like it was being stabbed with large knives a thousand times and beaten with a steel hammer as she listened to the child's cries.

She also felt the little boy was too familiar. Especially with that beautiful clear sapphire eyes.

"Heise? Baby, is that you?" Adira asked.

The little boy briefly looked up to her while the tears continued to flow unceasingly and nodded softly. Adira, then, didn't hold back and almost crushed the little boy in her embrace.

"Baby!! Mommy is very sorry! Mommy hurt you so bad! Mommy made you cry! I'm so sorry! I couldn't do anything while watching you cry and my heart hurt so bad.

Mommy is very sorry, baby. Please forgive mommy! Mommy is a very bad person who hurt her precious baby!"

Adira was now crying as well. She couldn't hug him in her arms as she heard and watched him cry in her dreams. No matter how she itched to embrace the poor little child, she couldn't and it frustrated her so much. She knew she needed to find her way back to them.

Heise, who had turned into a little boy, shook his head in response and hugged her tighter. He was trying to tell her that it wasn't her fault. That she wasn't a bad person at all. And that she was his beloved mother so, of course, he'll forgive her anytime and for whatever it was.

Watching the woman, a bit young to be a mother, and the little child he saw guarding her, Casimir finally snapped out of it and knew it wasn't a dream.

Here was his wife, instinctively knowing that the child was her son while their son didn't even hesitate to push him, the father, out of the way to get to his mother's embrace.

What's with this difference in treatment, my son?

But, that doesn't matter now! What matters is Adira's up! Adira has woken up!

"Adira.. you're up.. Adira... Adira.."

"I'm here, Casey. I'm not going away again."

Adira weakly smiled before opening up her other arm to invite the man, who was overtaken by his emotions—for the first time in forever, to join their embrace and complete Heise's family.

And Casimir hesitated no more.

He opened up his arms and engulfed both his wife and son in his warm and tight embrace. They were complete again. They can finally be happy again.

"Thank you, God. Thank you whoever powerful being returned Adira to me. Thank you for giving me back my world." Casimir murmured against Adira's hair as he nuzzled against her and breathed in her scent—a mix of the flowers' scent where she lay for a few days.

"Oh Casey. I'm so sorry. It isn't your fault, my dearest. The things that happened to me aren't yours to bear. I chose to protect you. Truthfully, had our roles been reversed, I might've gone crazy by now."

"What did you say?"

"Seriously, Casimir? I'm here pouring out my heart and you're not listening? Are you kidding me?"

"No. No. What.. did you call me?"

"My dearest." Adira replied nonchalantly and as calmly as she could. While Casimir was practically rubbing his ears in case he was just hearing things.

"What?"

Adira sighed as she watched the man be stunned silly before cupping his face and, once again, placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I love you, Prince Casimir Athanasius Rozen Versaillus. My dearest. So you cannot leave me or cheat on me or exchange me for someone else from now on. Or else, I will not hesitate to burn you and your mistress alive."

Adira threatened and her fiery brilliance finally shone on her ash-grey orbs again and Casimir couldn't be happier.

He never even once thought about that but he loved her blazing possessiveness. He loved every part of her. Every part. Be it inside or outside. He loved her to death.

"I love you, my wife. I love you too. This is the happiest I've ever been! You cannot imagine how much your words have made me happy!" Casimir replied before raining kisses on Adira's lips, eyes, nose, cheeks, forehead—basically all over her face.

Now, he finally knew where he stood in her life. He finally, ultimately and successfully tied her to him! It was a long journey but it was worth it. Waiting and scheming and everything was worth it because it was Adira!

Casimir was still floating on cloud nine when he felt something claw at his chest and pushed him away while angrily pounding cute little fists on his chest.

The little raven boy, Heise in his child form, pouted indignantly and angrily! He was stealing his mother right in front of him! The audacity of his father!

"Mo... Mommy.. Heise too... Kiss Heise too!" He babbled and Adira just melted into a soft goo of motherly love, quickly forgetting her and Casimir's declaration of their mutual love and raved about how Heise called her Mommy for the first time!

She was just like a new mom finally hearing her baby's first words!

"Ca-Ca-Casey!! Caseeeey!!! Did you hear that??!! Heise!!! Heise called me Mommy!!! He called me Mommy!!!" She screamed joyously and shook Casimir vigorously. It was crystal clear how overjoyed she was.

"Baby! Baby! Call me Mommy again!" Adira enthusiastically blabbered and asked Heise to repeat his words.

"Mommy~ Heise kiss! Kiss!" While the child continued to demand his long due kisses.

"Of course!!! With all due pleasure!! Mommy will kiss baby a whole looot~ Mommy loves baby Heise the most~ Baby's the best!!!"

Adira cried while peppering kisses all over Heise's little round face as well as tightly encasing him in a hug. She was going crazy from happiness.

And of course, Heise as well. While also sending smirks towards his father, speaking wordlessly,

"I'm the best. She loves me the most. Mommy said so."

And the prince, who was over the moon, sat by the sidelines watching them. Already forgotten.

But it was fine. His wife and son were having fun. So it was damn fine.

Notes:
Here it is! Well apparently I still updated everyday even then. But at least I have already informed you all about my circumstance and won't be shocked when I suddenly cannot update for a few days.

Thank you for the comments and votes as usual! Let's keep this up! Banzaaaai! 🎉