Micah Bell: She's Mine

Micah Bell & Daughter Reader

Summary: Micah was with a woman before the gang and decides to pay her a visit when he is passing through town, finding something that he never expected to find...his daughter.

Word Count: 2500

Micah had been running with the Van der Linde gang for a while now and they just so happened to be passing through a familiar area. Before joining the gang Micah had met a woman in this town, they weren't exactly dating each other but they got along and ended up in bed together quite often. There was some emotional connection between them, at least she had fallen for him, but Micah wasn't somebody that you could get to settle down so it was never going to happen.

Despite the fact that Micah left her, he was passing through town again and he had a feeling that she would offer him a bed to sleep in again. If she hadn't already gotten herself married or something.

Micah dismounted his horse and walked up to the small ranch house, something seeming wrong but he put it to the back of his mind. He walked up the steps, pausing when he saw that the front door had been broken open. He grabbed his trusted gun before stepping inside the house, glancing around but seeing nothing.

Walking further into the house, Micah stepped into the lounge. He paused again when he saw the lifeless body on the floor, in a pool of her own blood.

"Holy shit" Micah muttered to himself, somebody must have robbed the place and shot her in the process. He knelt down and pushed the hair out of her face, sighing when he saw the familiar face. "Bet ya would've blamed me for this" he huffed before standing up.

Micah was just about to make his leave before he heard crying, not sobbing but full screaming. He furrowed his brow before searching the house, gun in hand as he cautiously walked into the bedroom. His gaze settled on the crib in the corner of the room, once again pausing where he stood. 

Micah holstered his gun as he looked at the crib, a child who had to be about a year old standing in it. You were holding the bars of the crib, your face red from crying and screaming. He looked around the room, like somebody was going to randomly appear and take the child away, but that never happened so he looked at you again.

Staring at the child, Micah noted the similarities as he did the maths in his head. You were about a year old, he didn't want to admit it but there was a chance that you were his daughter. But it was hard to say, so he kept telling himself that you were somebody else's.

Micah frowned before walking over to the crib, your crying died down as he approached but the unfamiliar man was definitely scaring you. You hiccuped and sniffled as you look up at him, with wide and innocent eyes.

"Uh..." Micah hummed before reaching out to you, but you only cowered away and started crying again. "Alright, alright, fucking hell" Micah huffed before reaching into the crib and picking you up, cradling you in his arms as he swayed you back and forth and bounced you up and down, anything to get you to stop crying.

You tried to push the man away at first but the need for comfort outweighed your fear, Micah couldn't help but wonder how long you hand been left alone.

Eventually you wore yourself out and fell asleep in his arms, he hadn't really calmed you down, you just cried yourself out. You were too tired to stay awake. Micah nodded a little before laying you back down in your crib.

Micah walked away and left the room, deciding to take anything that the robbers missed. He knew that it was very disrespectful but she didn't need it anymore. He would have buried the body but figured that the lawmen should see it. Once he finished up around the house, he walked towards the front door.