Chapter Thirty-one

Chloe's P.O.V

It was the day of the Halloween frat party and I felt super energized. Tonight would be the night that I confessed my feelings for Luke, and the thought of it brought butterflies to my stomach. Would he accept my feelings, or would I end up getting my heart broken? My heart kept me feeling confident, but my brain gave me second thoughts. Just listen to your heart, Chloe, I had to tell myself.

"Don't cha think that being a band nerd for Halloween is just a little too much?" Heather asked as she put her makeup on at my bathroom counter.

It was Hailee's great idea that we should all get dressed at our dorm and then head over to the frat party. That was why Heather was here being...well...Heather.

"Don't cha think that being a slutty nurse is too repetitive?" I mocked her and looked in the mirror. My crimson and white uniform clung tightly to my body, showing every little curve I had, which somewhat freaked me out. I remembered the day that I was fitted and thought it was a little too tight, but everyone else said that it looked good on me. So, I would just have to trust everyone else and not myself on that matter.

"Gosh, Claire, no need to be bitchy," Heather rolled her eyes and then heavily applied mascara to her long, dark lashes.

"You're the one–" I started but stopped myself. Heather wasn't worth it. She was just an incredibly stupid, annoying girl who wanted me to feel bad about myself and I wouldn't let her. No one could make me feel inferior without my consent, something I learned from Eleanor Roosevelt.

Marshall came out of Hailee's room with her costume on and makeup done. Her makeup was beautiful with thick, cat eyeliner and gold eyeshadow, bringing out her bright blue eyes.

"You look amazing, Marshall," I said.

"Claire's right, Chloe. You do look amazing," Heather agreed, continuing to do her makeup.

"Thanks, you guys," Marshall grinned and then looked over at Heather, her grin quickly fading. "Heather, your ass is literally about to come out of that dress."

Heather laughed, almost smudging her mascara. "Isn't that the whole point of this costume, Chloe?"

"Just wanted to let you know just in case you didn't want to show off your ass," Marshall shrugged and walked into the living room.

Sometimes I wondered if Marshall and Heather were even friends.

"Come on guys," Hailee said, emerging out of her room as the playboy bunny. "Let's not fight. Tonight's supposed to be super fun!"

I hoped tonight would be 'super fun.' It was bound to at least be amazing since I get to hang out with Luke the entire night, ending it with a brutally honest confession that I was unsure I could escape out of.

"Are you done yet, Heather?" Hailee asked as she lent rolled herself. "It's almost eight o'clock. We'll be late to the frat party at this rate."

"Y'all can just chill for another ten minutes," Heather snapped. "You can't rush perfection."

I rolled my eyes, walked in the living room, and plopped myself on the armchair. We were going to be here awhile, so I might as well have a comfortable seat to sit in.

Hailee began chatting away with Marshall while I stared at the blank tv hopelessly. Heather took way too long to do her makeup, and this was coming from a girl who spent thirty minutes doing makeup some mornings.

My phone buzzed in my bibbers' pocket and I pulled it out to see who sent me a text.

Luke: Hey Chloe, when do you think you will arrive? The frat party began just five minutes ago.