Ch. 21

-

-

"Through drought and famine, natural disasters,

my baby has been around for me.

Kingdoms have fallen angels be calling,

none of that could ever make me leave."

-

The bouquet of apology flowers from Lucas laid on your nightstand. You couldn't bring yourself to throw them away. After all, there was no reason to dispose of a perfectly fine arrangement of floras. You rubbed your eyes from drowsiness, your back hitting Chan's rising and falling chest.

Last night, the two of you went out for a late night Yogurtland run, talking nonstop about wedding ideas. You lost count of how many times Chan made you flustered with his nonchalant comments: "You're going to look so beautiful in a wedding dress" and "I can't wait to see my ring on your finger" were just a few of the many. After finishing your frozen yogurt, Chan drove the both of you back to the mansion, continuing to crash on your bed in exhaustion.

You turned around to face Chan and smiled softly. Jeez, this man was truly a creation of God. Tracing his face with your finger, you quietly admired his ethereal features: his glorious forehead, his straight nose, his sharp jawline. Then, you got to his lips. Good lord, his lips were simply magnificent. You thanked the heavens that you had the chance to kiss them.

Chan opened his eyes slowly, his orbs perfectly capturing the faint rays of sunlight emitting from the bedroom windows. He was so goddamn beautiful. Your fiance stared right back at you, admiring your own features. Chan smirked and brushed a stray hair away from your face, saying, "Stop checking me out when I'm sleeping." Pouting at his statement, you narrowed your eyes at him, "I wasn't checking you out."

He chuckled, "Sure you weren't."

You gulped. His laugh was low and raspy in the morning. You found it really hot for some reason.

Chan pulled you closer to him, snuggling into your warmth. You wrapped your arms around him as well, smiling even wider at how close you were to him. The gap between you two closed, and you laid with him in tranquility.

"Five more minutes," Chan mumbled into your hair.

-

You unwrapped the towel from your body and lowered your foot into the cool water of the mansion's swimming pool. The sun shone brightly in the sky, illuminating everything underneath it, including your skin and your halter swimsuit.