Chapter 1 {NATE}

•Thank you for the the AMAZING cover above that MJgracee made and sent to me on Twitter❤️😭Nate

Nate

"Happy birthday bud," I congratulated Sam on his turning 15 through FaceTime.

He was sitting in the the kitchen with both my mom and Jamie, just like old times. Gosh that kitchen holds so many memories.

"Thanks!" He grinned as he ran his hand through his dark hair.

"I sent you a card," I stated as I popped an M&M in my mouth. "You should be getting it soon."

"Thanks again." Sam laughed as he turned the camera on my mom and Jamie, who both had glasses of wine in hand.

"Hey mom, Hey Jamie!" I greeted with a huge grin as they both turned towards the phone and waved.

"Hey hun," My mom smiled. "How are things up there?"

I simply shrugged and left it at a simple 'good.'

We all talked for about 20 minutes. When the call was over it was nearing 9 O'clock.

I hadn't made anything to eat yet, and since I'm lazy and a bad cook, I decided to go grab some pizza from this place down the block. After throwing on my shoes and locking up my apartment, I skipped down the stairs of the building.

The air was warm, but cool; a perfect temperature for walking. As I strolled down the sidewalk I saw Turner, an old homeless man that's always around, sitting on a bucket.

"Hey kid," he greeted with a with a smile as his dirty face wrinkled at the creases of his mouth. You could tell he'd had a rough life just by looking at him.

"Hey man," I greeted back, giving him a quick bro shake. "You wanna come get some food with me? I was just headed over to the pizza place."

"That's okay." He denied my offer. "I got something earlier. Thanks though."

"Anytime," I exclaimed as I shoved my hands in my pockets and kept walking.

When I got inside the pizza parlor, my favorite worker was working.

"Nate Wood, my man." He grinned as he gave me a bro shake. "My favorite LA man!"

"For the hundredth time Joe, I'm not from LA." I laughed as I took a seat at the bar counter in front of him.

"Whatever."  Joe rolled his eyes playfully.  "What kinda pizza you getting tonight?  Well, that is, assuming you came here to get pizza and not to just flirt with me." 

"Flirt with you?"  I snorted.  "I don't swing that way, and even if I did, you're not my type...too ugly." 

"Bitch, I'm everyone's type, that's why I pull all the ladies."