{ 11.} Mike's Lucky Number

C h a p t e r 11MIKE'S LUCKY NUMBER

C h a p t e r 11
MIKE'S LUCKY NUMBER

IT HAD TAKEN over an hour for everyone to finally finish setting up the shed for Will

IT HAD TAKEN over an hour for everyone to finally finish setting up the shed for Will. After the countless times Tulip needed help from Steve with pinning something to the wood inside the small room, it was safe to say Tulip Henderson never wanted to be near a hammer again.

Hopper, Johnathan, Mike, and Joyce were situated with Will and the mind flayer, informing the rest of the group to remain inside, silent and ready.

Dustin made sure to stay quiet as he retreated into the dining room, away from the window above the sink as he fluffed out his curly hair nervously.

Nancy leaned against the kitchen wall, worrying over what could be going on in the shed, worrying over Johnathan as he stayed in the shed with his mother and Hopper and Nancy's brother. God, she seriously hoped Mike would be smart.

Lucas and Max whispered quietly amongst each other, Max trying not to show as much worry as she was feeling as she asked Lucas what would happen if the demo-dogs found their scent, if Will—the mind flayer, realized where he was.

After a small reply of denial, and another comment from Max, Lucas sighed fearfully, "Judgment day," he told his crush, the two falling back into silence once again.

Tulip and Steve wasted time in the living room, Tulip listening to her music as she watched Steve practice his swings. He had told her he need to loosen up, to make sure he was ready for anything, and all Tulip could do was turn on her Walkman and eat the rest of her candy Steve had so graciously bought her.

As everyone laid low, the house lights flickered suddenly, sending everyone hurriedly stumbling to the kitchen to look out the small window above the sink. They stood tall as the tried to see what might possibly be going on beyond the shed walls.

Not long after the lights flicker did Joyce and Hopper burst through the back door, the older man hurrying past everyone to slap something down on the kitchen table before taking a seat.