09. A Russian Discussion

WARNING: Minimal violence ahead, mature chapter.

CHAPTER NINE: A Russian Discussion

"Excuse me, Miss. Do you have a reservation?" My host for this evening, politely asks.

I smile at him before quickly answering, "Yes, under Parker and Table for three." I answer him, also in a polite, but professional manner.

He nods whilst quickly writing something down at the main desk before leading me to my table, "Ah. Right this way, ma'am."

Once we make it to the table, he gracefully pulls out my chair for me and as I take a seat he asks, "Would you perhaps be interested in any drinks while you wait, Miss Parker?"

I smile at him in 'thanks' before ordering, "I will have a sparkling lemon water, if that will be alright?" He nods profusely as many other waiters and customers try to subtly gaze in my direction, probably wondering why someone so young can make a grown-man shake with nerves.

"Of course, ma'am. I will notify you when your guests arrive." I smile at him, my aura-warm and thankful, though he's far too nervous as he stumbles away.

I managed to arrive just shy of six-twenty in the evening, meaning I still had approximately 10 more minutes before Jamison and Cassandra's expected arrival. I check my phone as it vibrates with an incoming message from Jamison indicating they will be arriving in approximately eight minutes. He too, likes to be proper and precise, on the job.

"Excuse me, Miss. Here is your sparkling lemon water. W-would you like to order for this evening?" Another waiter stutters as he slowly and carefully puts down my drink, in front of me. I smile at him and take a quick sip before responding,

"Thank you. I would like to order once my guests arrive, please ensure there will be a free waiter for when they do."

"O-of course, ma'am." He stutters again whilst trying to discreetly wild the sweat off his brow, with the sleeve of his suit.

After waiting a few minutes, the host comes rushing in as Jamison and Cassandra make their way to me. Jamison wears his normal suit and tie attire while Cassandra wears a golden dress and a fairly proportional amount of bling. I decided to wear a navy blue suit with a white blouse, but the suit is decorated with golden strips on the sides.

"Miss Parker, it is absolutely lovely to see you again." Jamison greets me with pleasantries, whilst lifting my hand and placing a kiss on the back. I smile as I stand, just in time for Cassandra to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"You too, Jamison and Cassandra, I hope you had a swell trip over." I say after we share a laugh and take our seats.

"Yes, it was positively grand. It has indeed, been quite some time since I've flown over. How have you been, Miss Parker?" Cassandra comments, whilst a waiter helps to pull in her chair.