Six

"Battle stations", Stark called as a planet came into view

"Battle stations", Stark called as a planet came into view. The ship was approaching a vast red planet with considerable speed. Instantly Peter and Emil were on their feet and running towards the controls where Strange and Stark were standing.

"Now", Stark instructed, gesturing towards the two metal arms which seemed to work in steering the ship. "Auto pilot won't be able to land this thing so we're going to have to do it ourselves. Peter and Emil, take the left control. Turn when I say. Strange, you're on backup". Everyone nodded and got into position. Emil and Peter both grasped onto the metal handle anxiously as the planet Titan grew closer.

As the ship broke through the atmosphere, Emil pulled up his mask and tightened his grip. The area where they would land was covered in a deep red sand and littered with wrecks of old forgotten spaceships now half buried in the earth. Anxiety rose as they approached the ground with increasing speed.

"Turn turn turn!" Stark yelled as a hulking metal frame loomed at them. Peter and Emil heaved at the metal arm and the ship began to turn. Peter's mask activating as he pulled. But not fast enough. The whole machine gave a shudder as the frame clipped the end, breaking it off behind them. Debris flew everywhere as the ship skidded across the ground. Strange lifted his arms and weird symbols appeared in the air around the four of them, protecting them from any debri as they ship broke apart around them.

Eventually the juddering and groaning came to a halt as the ship rested into the sand. Emil let himself collapse to the floor with a huff, body pumping with adrenaline. Next to him Peter sighed in relief and dropped into a crouch on his heels.

Stark clapped his hands, "great steering men". Emil gave him a look as Dr Strange dropped his shield.

"That was a lot tougher than I expected", Peter huffed. He stretched, rolling his arms and shoulders to uncoil his muscles.

Emil raised an eyebrow, grin hidden but Peter recognised the crinkling of his nose. "We're alive aren't we?" Peter let out a small chuckle through his mask and leaned towards him. Their noses rubbed through the material in a comforting Eskimo kiss as they rested their foreheads together.

"Okay cut it out", Stark waved a hand. "I don't need horny teenagers to add to my list of problems". He made a shooing gesture. "Go and explore the ship, check for hostiles and all that whilst Strange and I talk".

Emil grumbled and flicked the bird at them as Peter dutifully webbed off, one hand around his boyfriend's waist as he lifted the other with him. "Just because you are stronger than me", Emil muttered as Peter set him down on one of the ruins of the ships upper levels. "Does not mean that you need to pick me up all the time".

"It does make it easier though". Emil could hear Peter chuckling. He climbed over some debris towards an open part of the ship where the wall had been torn away by the landing. Emil paused as his eyes took in the barren red desert surrounding them. The black metal hulks of forgotten ruins loomed around them like ghostly spectres. Whilst the orange sun hung in the yellow sky like a cruel beacon, not hot but not welcoming either.