24

Later that night, we were all sitting in the living room. Darry was reading the paper, Soda and Pony were watching something on tv, and I was falling asleep on the couch.

"Katie, why don't you go to bed?" Darry asked, watching me over the top of the newspaper.

"Yeah, I think I will." I sighed, getting up and going into the bathroom to get ready for bed. I sighed once more when Soda walked in behind me and took his position in the shower behind the curtain.

"How long does this have to last? I think I'm okay." I told him, shaking my head.

"I think otherwise so this lasts until all 7 of us guys deem you okay to be alone." He replied.

"Great." I mumbled before getting ready for bed.

Afterwards, Soda followed me into my room and jumped onto my bed.

"So, really no privacy at all, huh?" I muttered, turning out my light.

"It's what's best for you, even if you can't see it right this minute. Here, I'll make a pillow barrier so it's like we're in separate beds. Separate rooms, even!"

"Yeah, except I can hear you snore."

"I don't snore."

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes before laying down and trying to sleep. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep, which was odd since I hadn't been able to stay awake on the couch less than ten minutes ago.

After lying awake for hours, I finally decided to get up. Besides, this might be my only chance for alone time. Which also meant it would be a good time to cut. All I had to do was get my hidden blade out from under the mattress, unless they found it and took it away. Only one way to find out.

I quietly got off the bed and slid my hand underneath the mattress. The blade was in the middle and I blindly felt around for it, hoping it was there and hoping Soda wouldn't wake up.

Miraculously, I felt the cool metal beneath my fingertips and gently pulled it towards me. I eagerly got it out and tiptoed out of the room, going into the bathroom and shutting the door silently.

I knew I couldn't cut my forearms again, they would see me wearing long sleeves the next day and check almost guaranteed. No, I had to cut somewhere else, somewhere my normal clothes would cover. My upper arm, perhaps.

I rolled my sleeve up and grabbed my blade. I slid the sharp metal over my shoulder and upper arm countless times until the blood was running down my arm.

I stopped and grabbed toilet paper, using it to put pressure on the cuts. Then I found some medical tape in the drawer and used it to tape the paper in place. There, a makeshift bandaid.

With that done, I cleaned the blood off my arm then went back to my room feeling relieved. All I had to do was put the blade back in it's spot and get back in bed without waking Soda.

The second I walked back in, however, Soda woke up. He groggily looked over at me. "Hey, What're you doing?"

Oh shit.