X-Factor

if ur here for smut, fluff or angst. You may skip to the next story because i recently watched a whole bunch of angry contestants on x-factor and i said, Why not?

Theres LIKE only a slight taekook moment.

This oneshot is basically min yoongi as simon cowell...so.
Lets all forget korean etiquette, laws, standards and rules in this oneshot cuz i honestly know nothing about that.

All the judges are retired idols: (in this story)
Taehyung Kim
Jungkook Jeon
Yoongi Min
Yu Qi Song

🦆

Third Person View

"And who are you?" Taehyung asked with his famous box smile as the petite woman walked on stage.
"I'm Madeleine Lee, I'm 24 years old and half-French." The girl said, polite.
"Is this you're first time in front of a large crowd?"
"It's my first time on a stage actually."
"Do you think you can win this whole show?" Jungkook asked.
"I hope I can."
"And winning this. What will you have achieved?" Yuqi questioned, propping her hand on the table infront of them.

"Uhh. I came to Korea when I was 11 and really loved to sing. My friends would tell me 'you're better off as a model' or other derogative comments to my ambition. So I'm not only here to achevie a dream but to stand for myself. And if I don't win, then I atleast tried or else I would be spending the rest of my life, on a runaway thinking about the 'what if's."

Taehyung smiled at her answer, eyes crinkling as Yoongi nodded.
"And what will you be singing for us today?" Yoongi asked as he played with his pen.
"Eyes, Nose, Lips by Taeyang."
"Well, best of luck." Jungkook encouraged as the song started to play.

She sang the song in such a beautiful way. In contrast with her low conversational voice, she sang a bit high pitched but still pleasing to the ear.

After the first verse, the song skipped to the last chorus to where she belts out the lyrics to the iconic song with ease and poise. Her technique was great and usage of pitch change wasn't too overbearing until the very end of the song.

Everyone stood up clapping for the woman and even after a few more seconds, even the stoic Min Yoongi stood up to clap for her.

"Well, damn. You can sing really good. For someone who hasn't been on a stage in front of a large mass of audience, you sing just like an idol." Taehyung complimented, giving the girl a thumbs up as she bowed in respect.

"I'm not the type to be easily impressed. I've seen great singers come and become popstars themselves. But I guarantee you, you'll be up the on billboards and everyone will know your name."
The audience shouted in agreement as the woman was in tears of joys, barely able to voice out a thank you.

"It's a yes for me." Yuqi said as she smiled.
And the following three judges said yes as well to the talented woman.

-

The four were entertained by loads of talented people and some who just need a little bit more practice.

It was the last audition as a group of three ladies came out on stage. They genuinely looked like a girl group.

"Hi girls! Who are y-" Taehyung was interrupted by the girl standing in the middle.
"We are Posh! The next 2EN1."
Taehyung flinched, surprised by the girl's sudden outburst.
Jungkook looked at him, reaching across the table to rub his arm to which Taehyung smiled at.

"You should let the judge finish speaking to show a little respect. Because with an attitude like that, I doubt you'll be the next 2EN1 like how you dream to be." Yuqi commented, calm and collected.
"Then we won't be the next 2EN1, we'll be better." The shorter one answered.
And once again, everyone except the group were taken aback by the girls' lack of humility.

"Why are you here today?"
"We want all of Korea. Wait actually..the whole world to see what they've been missing out on."
"And what exactly is that?"
"Talent." The one in the white jacket said without hesitation.

"Talent? So you think none of the people judging you today have no talent?" Yoongi asked, eyebrows raised.
The middle girl shrugged with pursed lips.
Everyone was in shock. Even the author was in shock. Lmao what?

"Wow....anyways. What song will you be singing for us?" Jungkook asked, his bubbly aura vanished along with the girls' modesty. Did they even have one in the first place?
"We'll be singing and dancing to Hello Bitches."
"CL? Wow.... That's a big name to level with. Are you ready?" Yuqi asked, anticipating the girls' performance along with everyone else.

The iconic beat of the hit song by CL played around the arena as the girls got positioned.
And the moment they opened their mouths with the opening lyrics, it was like a cat was screeching because you stepped on its tail.

Everyone flinched and furrowed their eyebrows at the sudden earrape.

The girls were just all over the place. It looked like they were the dancing tube men, flaring their arms everywhere when they should've been dancing. Their timing was bad, starting the song too early, causing the beat to be all ruined. They sounded breathless and it was like they weren't even trying at all. They were screaming instead of rapping. The harmony was all messed up. And technique?
Posh: Technique? Who is that?

This is what happens when you try to out-sing CL.

Yoongi pinched the bridge of his nose as the other three judges had troubles of not covering their ears with their hands to block the horrid sounds.

The pale man raised his hand up, signalling the backstage crew to stop the music.
"What happened to the music?!" The girls wailed as they stomped.

Yoongi laughed sarcastically.

"Girls. I thought this was a competition for singers. I wasn't informed we were watching three drunk girls on karaoke night." Yoongi said, the humor was in his words but not in his eyes.

"W-why don't you come up here and sing while jumping around then?"
"I've done it for 7 years. Though singing and rapping isn't the same. Keeping pace, flow and rhythm may be just as hard especially when the rap is fast."

"With experience, I know how hard it is to sing and dance at the same time. Would you like to do an a capella without all the...dancing?" Taehyung asked sympathetically.
"I guess we can."

The judges nodded except for Yoongi who sat back with a sly smile.

"cOme in, cOme, CoME In. dArEun sAeSangEuRo
jiKyEoBkiMAn hAN koMiNeuN iJae-"
"That's enough!" Taehyung squeaked. "And I stand corrected."

"You didn't even get to hear the whole first verse."
"Darling.....I couldn't even hear anything anymore." Yoongi said, shaking his head.

"Girls. If you come here, with the confidence that should've been accompanied by humility, it'a better to show up for such behavior. But that performance was just...horrendous." Yuqi exclaimed, beyond.
"Well, we just wanted to show up with confidence."

"You've clearly gotten confidence and arrogance mixed up. Us four have worked our asses off in the industry to sit in this chair, you did not only disrespect us but also questioned if we have talent."
Jungkook shook his head, taking a sip of his drink. He was completely done with these girls.

"I believe in the saying 'I'll treat you like how you treat me." If you're going to be arrogant and boastful, fine. I'll do the same. Say that we're untalented infront of our Daesangs." Yoongi said, stoic yet with so much emotion as the crowd went wild. Cheering encouragements for the former rapper. (ow)

"Your opinion doesn't really matter. Because you'll regret it when we become famous."

"There will be millions upon thousands of people who will discriminate and voice out their opinions about what they think about you. You can either learn from it, ignore it or be crumpled by it. So if you can't handle the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen." Taehyung basically rapped in the calmess way possible.

"My way of being bluntly honest may come out as being rude but...-"
Yoongi chuckled whilst rubbing his nape with his hand
"-...if "Posh" was the only contestant in this competition. You still wouldn't have won. I mean if you wanna work as a banshee, I think you'll be great in that field."

"It's a big, massive no for me." Yuqi said as she sighed.
"No."
"No."
Yoongi smiled his famous gummy smile. "Everybody say No!"