Chapter 6 - The Meeting

Catherine Ashton

I looked at myself at the mirror, I let out a little smile. At last, the real Catherine Ashton is here. I'm not Dakota Lennix anymore and the hiding is over now. I'm back with my blonde hair, my own fashion style and just be Catherine. I'm glad that I decided to comeback even though I loved my work back in New York.

I looked at my watch and I quickly walked out the hotel room to go downstairs having a dinner with a man named Jacob Williams that my grandpa wanted me to meet. Instead of meeting in LA, he has work in Vegas so he said he wanted to see me.

I walked into the restaurant and the waitress asked for my name. I told her my name and she led to a private room. I opened the door and yes, there's a man my age already waiting for me. He stood up and smiled to me when I entered the room. He was around 6' 1'', dark brown hair that was slicked back, blue eyes, thin beard and he's quite handsome.

"Hello, you must be Catherine Ashton. I'm Jacob Williams and I'm sorry for making you to meet me here." He said as he walked to me putting his hand in front of me. I shook it and he pulled my chair and letting me sit down first. I smiled awkwardly and he sat on his seat.

"So.. uhm.. Nice to meet you, I'm Catherine." I said introducing myself and he smiled.

"Do you want to order first?" He asked and I nodded. He pressed the button and a waiter came inside. I looked at the menu and decided to order a steak and Jacob ordered fish and chips. The waiter walked out and I turned to Jacob again.

"So.. I heard that you've been working in New York this entire time?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm working under someone. How about you? I've never heard about you.. I know that's sounds rude but.."

"I'm from Toronto, my company based in Toronto and it's okay. No hard feelings for not knowing it." He chuckled and I felt a little comfortable with this man.

"I guess you heard about the arrange marriage huh?" He asked and I can't help but nodding my head.

"Yeah." I said awkwardly.

"We can back out if we want, don't you want that?" He asked and I nodded lightly.

"It's the 21st century and the idea of arrange marriage is just weird.." I said as I took my glass of water.

"Yeah but I suppose we can get to know each other more and time can decide." He smiled and I drank my water.

"Well.. maybe." I said smiling back.

"You're taking over Ashton now?"

"Yeah, it's time to take over after 5 years trying to be independent. How about you?" I said nodding.

"Well.. me too. After enjoying my bachelor life, I think it's time to settle down."

"So you're planning to get married?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Maybe, if I found someone.."

"About this arrange marriage, do you want it?" I asked carefully.

"Honestly, I was doubting it because I didn't know you but now.. I want to know more about you. I mean.. I won't agree to it if you don't want it, I won't force you." He answered and that got me thinking. Should I try this or should I just back off? He seems like a really nice guy.

"I don't know. I never have a really good luck in love.." I said completely don't know how to deal with this.

"Every week I will come to LA to visit you so we can get to know each other more. Let's just let fate let us, I don't want to force it either." He said and I nodded.

"Sure.." I said and at the same time our food came. We talked more about our lives and I found out that he's the only child of the family, he went to Stanford University and he's more of a dog person. He's really nice and he's better than I thought he would be.

I was expecting an asshole but he's far for that. He was polite, well mannered and just so nice. Talking to him was not boring but not that fun, there's a flow to it but it's okay. After the lunch, we have to go to our seperate ways but he promised me that he will come to LA next week to visit me again.

After that, I walked to the lift to go up to my room and at the same time.. my grandpa called me.

"So how was it?" I can't believe he asked about it right away.

"It was okay.."

"Really?"

"He said he will come to LA next week to visit me." I said and I can hear my grandpa just laughing.

"I'm so happy for this, I don't know why." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah.. you're happy trying to play matchmaker for my love life." I hissed coldly.

"Oh come on, Cathy. He's not that bad right?"

"I hate you."

"Oh.. Joseph actually invited me this morning to Toronto in 3 days. How about you come with me there because they're having a charity event? I mean you can surprise Jacob there."

"Uhmm I don't want to." I said completely not keen to going to a charity event uninvited.

"He didn't mention about the charity event to me earlier so I don't think it's a good idea to just go."

"Catherine, his grandfather is my best friend. You don't need to feel uncomfortable."

"Besides.. you're sick and I won't let you go to Toronto." I said.

"I need to enjoy my life, Catherine. You are going with me to Toronto in 2 days, no more complaining." He said and I sighed.

"I hate you."

"Oh you'll love me." I can tell that he's smirking big time behind that phone.