Chapter 51

Sorry I haven't updated. I was crushed when Cameron Boyce passed away so I could BARELY write. It's been fucking with my head everyday and night to the point where I can't sleep without dreaming ab him. I explained it on my ig @myaxclipz. But R.I.P. to my childhood crush, Luke from Jessie, Carlos from Descendants, Cameron Boyce❤️  sorry if this chapter is a little sloppy :(
***
Cassie Davis
8:00pm
My mom had just called Saint, Lisa, Keone, and I to sit at the table for dinner. We all walked down the hallway, entering the dining room. Wade and his daughters had already been there. One of them took my favorite seat so I had to sit on the other side. Already I was annoyed.

I sat across from them, Saint sat next to me, and Lisa and Keone sat next to us. Christin sat at the end of the table, my mom sat next to Wade of course and Saints mom sat on the other side of her.

Dinner was set on the table. My mom and I made a lot of food for everybody and we were all starving.

Everyone put what they wanted on their plate then soon after, we all ate what was on it. The table was silent. It was an awkward silence too. Nobody wanted to talk.

"So." My mom said breaking the silence. "How is everyone doing?" she asked.

"I wanna kill myself." Christin smiled, stuffing her face with food.

"Uh huh and why is that?" My mom asked, scowling at her.

"New ass people thinking they could just waltz into your life-" Christin spoke before my mom cut her off.

"I think it's best if you keep your mouth shut." My mom hissed.

The table grew silent again.

"Anybody else?" She asked.

The table stayed quiet until Wade spoke.

"I'm doing fine. I just don't understand why people are throwing subs at the table. They daddy should've taught them better." He coughed.

The table was extra quiet now. It was awkward for everyone. Christin threw her fork down on the table, wiping her hands off with a napkin and leaving her plate there.

"It's been real y'all." She huffed grabbing her keys and her coat that had been hanging up by the front door. Like that, she slammed the door behind herself. We all heard her car start, and then sound of her pulling out of the driveway.

The table was silent once again.

"Well I'm finished with my food." I said, putting my fork down.

"Me too" Saint said. "Me three." Lisa scoffed. "Me four." Keone sighed.

We all stood up, throwing our food scraps out and putting our plates in the sink.

"You guys don't want dessert?" My mom asked.

"No, were good." I said speaking for myself and the rest of my friends.

"But wait, I want-" Keone spoke before I cut him off.

"Keone." I hissed, scrunching my lips up.

He sucked his teeth as we all walked down the hallway into my room.

"Yo what is wrong with your moms boyfriend?" Lisa asked.