Chapter 45

I tried... I really did... But I have too little a life to find something else to do. You just have to suffer.

      You know, at some point, you can no longer be embarrassed by your family. You start expecting it. And finding ways to flip it. That was where I was at in life. Ducking my mother she slammed straight into my father while I dodged my cousin who saw my escaping my mother coming. He slammed into her while I snickered, earning a glare from him while mom just pulled him into the hug.

        I did not expect a different set of arms to wrap around me. Squealing as he howled twirling I giggled, the bronze boy grinning like a fool, one that shouldn't have been in the arena. "LILLLLIITTTHHHHH!" He roared childishly before charging the two talking. Using me as a cushion he lept at them, all of us crashing to the ground, everyone but him cursing.

       "I thought we were bros?" Jay asked betrayed while I snorted from above him, sandwiched between Adrain and both of them.

      "Are you insane?" Alex asked with a groan, pushing off while sitting up, causing me to topple onto Jay fully. "You could have killed us,"

        "Yeah, right, if anyone was small enough for that to actually kill them it would have been Lilith and she's still kicking, you're fine," He rolled his eyes, a big grin on his face while I crawled off Jay who had just accepted his fate.

      "I'm not quite sure about that," I winced rubbing my back, which had already been badly injured only to be abused further.

     "I better fix that then." Grunting as he quite literally dropped on me I instinctually caught his dress skirt before it touched the ground not wanting to suffer the torture of my mother.

       "Must you be like this?" I moaned while he chuckled and looked at my friends. Who were staring at him in a mix of uncertainty and curiosity.

       "Oh you love me, now help me up I regret that and can not get up without ruining this thing,"

       "I don't have the upper body strength for that!" I exclaimed hardly holding him in my lap like he was a princess.

      "I believe in you," He patted my shoulder with a smile while I huffed, attempted to get a foothold that would let that happen. With a grunt of effort, I got to my feet, tossing him in my arms to fix my hold on him making him cry out in surprise. "Don't do that! You'll drop me!"

      "Shut it or I will," I threatened giving him a pointed look. "Now get off," He stared at me flatly and I stared back equally so, his grip on my neck remaining the same.

       "I swear, it wouldn't kill you to get some more muscle you know, I'm the perfect size-" I let go of his legs, catching his waist while he let out a shout, nearly falling on his face.

       "No, you're really not, I'd much rather carry around your blasted cat," He gave the most offended look humanly possible while he huffed, brushing off his dress and giving me a big pat on the back. Crying out I jumped away from him while a glare. "Why are you such a-"

       "Don't you dare! Lilith Annabell Winsdor! A noble does not curse!" Mom cut in just before I could insult him, my glare sharp all the same, "But, Felix, dear, you don't have to be such a little-"

      "Dear!" Snickering as he scoffed I turned towards those I nearly forgotten about.

      "This is Felix, unfortunately-"

       "Very unfortunately,"

       "-He is my cousin," Shooting him a glare as he shrugged I thought about tripping him. But the consequences would be as high for me as they would be for him.

       "I can kinda see it," Adrain nodded looking us over, "Single?"

       "Straight," I snorted at the deadpanned shut down while Adrain just sighed overdramatically.

       "Lilith, my hearts been broken! Consol me," I shoved his face while he slung his arm over my shoulders.

        "I'd rather die," I rolled my eyes while I slid out of his hold. "Why not ask Alex? He seems like the cuddly type," I got two looks of disgust and two offended responses just as fast.

        "As if I'd stoop so low!" "He's too burly!" They paused, looking at the other even more offended.

       "Excuse you! I'm quite the catch!" "It called actually having muscle!" They continued to argue about how they were great while I just stood next to Jay, we silently watched them as the arguing turned into insulting before they were fighting. Felix offered some cookies I didn't question while we took one.