Chapter 46

"You see why we don't argue about such stupid things?" Jay's mother asked with mine next to her, both boys kneeling before them with their heads down, having been severely scolded. We watched all the while, heavily entertained by the entirety of what just went down. Anywhere from the initial arguing to the scolding, it was all hilarious.

       "He called me-" His voice drowned out at the glares of the motherly figures he was clearly not used to. "I'm sorry I won't do it again..." Alex looked down ashamed as I hummed knowing the feeling. Adrain was clearly used to it as he didn't pipe up once and took the brunt of the scolding with agreement and apologies. A true inspiration.

      "Now, time to get cleaned up!" Mom clapped her hands, when they didn't respond as we do she blinked in surprise before clapping rapidly until they jumped to their feet. "I should have brought a few spare dresses-"

       "SCATTER!" Felix and I screamed turning to run but she knew us well. She grabbed the both of us by the collar of our tops, the force we used to attempt an escape only choking us as we recoiled coughing.

       "I would never dress another child without parental permission, however, you two happen to mine,"

       "I'm already in a dress!" Felix flailed grabbing her wrist while I did that same.

       "A show dress dear, we're going to enjoy some more of the festival which means you need to be dress appropriately,"

       "Help! Don't let her take us!" I cried, reaching for my friends who did not move, eyes wide at my reaction to my mother.

       "I'll die this time! I really will!" He begged but she just chuckled, dragging us back against our will while dad sighed watching in defeat, knowing he couldn't help us in the least. If he tried he too would be tortured.

       "This is ridiculous," I said staring in the mirror while Felix hacked in dismay, mom's foot against his lower back as she pulled his corset tighter.

        "But you-" Blowing her hair from her face while she wrapped the lacing around her hands better, "Were so insistent on that tight outfit so I thought you would like it," She grunted while he wheezed, tapping out on the bar he was holding. I didn't want to know how she got us this room because I feared the answer but it was a rather nice room.

        "It's not as tight but I figured it'd be better than the dresses Felix prefers," She said tying his corset while he put his hand on his stomach in dismay. His breathing exasperated while I paled looking at the one she picked up.

        "I thought I didn't need a corset? I mean, I've already got a small waist..." I trailed stepping back slowly as she raised her brow.

         "Sweetheart you're going to be around a nobleman of great power, you're putting it on and winning his heart," Taking another step back I raised my hands really not wanting to do that. With some wrestling, she had won and my organs were being squeezed while I held the bar Felix previously did.

        "I'm going to die!" I moaned as she pulled it tight, pausing while I looked at the floor.

        "It's too big..." I heard her mumble as I looked over my shoulder to find her frowning. "Good thing I brought an extra," Kill me

         "Stop complaining," Felix rolled his eyes sitting down while he threw his leg over his other as if he wasn't whining a minute again. "I mean, look at this dress," He grinned teasingly while I opened my mouth to retort but was suddenly incapable of breathing. I'm going to die. "Such pretty sparkles,"

       "Right? I thought it'd suit her!" She smiled while I sucked in a sharp breath at another jerk of the laces. Tying it, she hummed while I grumbled tucking it in. The dress itself was white but it had some kind of silver sown into it as it sparkled at the smallest shift in light. I didn't like dresses, Felix didn't mind them as long as my mother wasn't the one dressing him but I had never liked dresses.

        They came with uncomfortable attachment and I never got used to them. My hatred for them stemming from corsets. As would any sane persons.