14. Confession in Discretion

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Confession in Discretion

I stop short.

Dinner.

He's asking me to dinner. No freaking way. I lift my lips in a small smile and turn to him, one hand on one hip and my head tilted just a tad.

"Thank you for the offer, but unfortunately, I have to-" he interrupts me before I can finish declining his offer. He smirks.

"Not just you, Parker." I hate him. I seriously hate the guy, his smug attitude, proud posture and the arrogance. It fleets from him in gigantic radiating waves.

My group all has their eyebrows up at his statement, then Andrew plays the romantic charmer of the evening.

"Will you come, Rosie?" His voice lowers, sweet, yet sexily husky. I give a low whistle.

"My Lord, Myers you should be taking notes, this guy just went from zero to a hundred in three seconds flat and you've been spending the last six months trying. You are so one lucky girl, Rosa-belle." I say, fanning my face for effect.

"POPPY!" Rosa-belle whisper-yells, blushing as the wind blows her hair sky high.

Ivan holds a hand on a tense, harsh and absolutely rigid Maximus who surprisingly doesn't glare at me, just stares intently. I look him in the eye before down at his hands,

"Well, where's the notepad and pen?"

He clenches his jaw and disconnects our eyes, glaring at Andrew, who's too busy removing a strand of hair out of Rosa-belle's face.

"Princess, you are on fire!" Ivan exclaims, still laughing as Maximus shrugs his hand off his shoulder. I turn back around and unlock my car, the driver's door opens, but before I can get inside.

"Is that a yes, Parker?" Maximus' voice sounds, almost drifting with the wind.

I don't turn back before yelling, "It's a No, Myers!" The door closes as I get in and reverse out of the parking lot.

*****

The rain hits harshly on my windshield, a message from Jamison asks that I meet him and Cassandra at a Beach house on the other side of town.

I've been driving in this for two hours already.

"Three metres, then take a right at the round-a-bout, continue North for three-hundred and sixty-two metres..."