C H A P T E R 34

"So how much in total?"

   "$150 dollars, ma'am." He responded. I then handed him the bill and he in turn handed me my packed groceries. 

     It's been three days since I left New York. It wasn't an easy decision but I had to because I know that Xander's probably gonna come there to see how broken I am after our divorce.

    Chee! I hate that man

No you don't.

   I really...well yes. I unfortunately I'm still in love with him. It feels like yesterday when we were so happy with each other.

    I miss him and his dazzling smile that make my stomach do somersault. I miss everything we did together. I miss his touches, his kisses, his every stroke on my neck and hair...

    Oh focus Nichole!

Anyways,  you can't expect a person to get over the feeling of love within three days but I'll try.

    Try my hardest to get my shits together and move on from him. I already submitted my resumé to some companies here in Seattle yesterday so I'm sure getting engrossed in work will help me get my mind off him completely. 

   If I ever go back to New York, I want to return as a completely changed person.  I know in doing this, I might be hurting my family, I hope they'll learn to understand me.

     Just as I came out, "Hey beautiful, wanna share with us?" I turned to the direction of the voice and saw two guys coming towards me.

     I hurried in my step away from them but apparently , they were faster so they caught up with me.

       He was about to put his hands on me when....

    "Dont you even dare?" The familiar voice said and I froze. 

    "And who might you be?"

   "The one who will break your bones if you don't let her go now."

  "Who do you think you are to tell us that?" The other guy voiced.

   "Your fucking father!" Xander mocked with a smirk.

   "You son of a... " Before I knew it, they began hitting each other. I watch Xander take the two of them down but they managed to get up and run. 

      He then began walking towards me. At first, I just stood there shocked but then the fact that the person whom I never want to see again is coming my way clicked and I immediately started running.

    "Nichole, wait." He called continuously, but I didn't stop. I kept running.

       Oh my God! How does he even know where I am? Uhh!!!

   After running for sometime, I realised that he wasn't chasing me anymore. I heaved a sigh of relief and only then did I realise I was already in our neighborhood. 

    I got home and was about to unlock the door when I was pulled to a corner. I was about to scream in fright but the familiar body enveloped me in a hug. My eyes filled with unshed tears but I was quick to push him away. 

    "What are you doing here?" That's not what I wanted to say.

   I wanted to curse him for showing me his face but apparently,  my mouth's got other plans.