18

Me: your pink haired slit is out of control.

Illumi: just focus on your job.

"Is something wrong ?" Chrollo asked politely as everyone else sat and ate silently.

"Not at all. Just answering Silva." I said placing my phone back in pocket. Hisoka flashed me a sly half smile. He knew it was a lie. "Now That were on the subject... should we go over the plans for the auction?"

I spent about about an hour analyzing the perfect positions for everyone based on their skill and ability.

"And lastly I'll be assisting chrollo and making sure he stays alive"

"Which is pointless because he can take care of himself" machi said following by her sucking he teeth.

"Not when the dons running the auction hired Zeno and Silva to kill him."

"Again he -"

"Alone I can... but both of them... my victory is uncertain. Do you question my leadership machi?"

"No boss."

"Well then. Now that that's said. I'm going to my room and read."

Hisoka stood up and stretched. "I suppose I'll be in my room as well... stretching.." once everyone left I went to my room as well.

I threw myself on the bed and stared at ceiling. Apart of me wanted to go to Hisoka's room but an even bigger part of me didn't want to because it would've been too easy.

I grabbed out my phone and called illumi .

Illumi answered quickly , I knew he wasn't asleep. Like me he doesn't sleep often. "Are you in trouble?"

"No" I replied. " has our relationship changed that much in a year? I can't call you anymore unless I'm in trouble?"

"Not at all. In fact I would say you were the one who changed."

I paused for a brief moment reflecting on everything. I guess my problem with illumi wasn't him. I've been getting pressured by my parents to hurry up and get married. Have children.. even illumis parents had been hounding me with questions on a wedding date ..illumi had just been .. illumi. "I guess your right." I mumbled.

"You sound troubled."

"I am. During the year we decided to work solo my parents .. and your had questioned me a lot about the marriage. I guess I forced our relationship to go to the next level instead of it happening naturally like our parents. I'm sorry."

"Is that what's been bothering you?" He asked

"Yes illumi.. Im expected to do something and I'm a reliable person. I do what's expected of me. But I've also been a complete bitch to you and you didn't deserve that."

"Well.. y/n.. you didn't force anything. Your physically incapable of forcing me to do anything."

"You don't need to be a jerk." I said rolling my eyes.

"That's not my intention. What I'm saying is, what happened the night of your birthday wasn't forced. It happened naturally. Your a beautiful woman and reconnecting with you after that year I suppose I seen you differently."

"In a good way or bad way?"

"Both."

Ouch.

"Before you blow up as usual, I don't mean bad bad.. I mean bad as in our friendship as we knew it is dead. We are either going to be husband and wife or our marriage is going to be nothing more but another job. Together just to reproduce and join two powerful families ."