Wake Up

A/N: Okay so this is my first time writing fanfiction. I promise to update as often as I can until it finished so in return I hope that you will comment as much as you can. Help a fellow human out. Also I've been living in Seoul for the last year so a lot of the places are based on my experience.

*****<3****<3****<3****<3****<3*****

"It's like a maze without an answer

In this roughly broken memory

The endless night

Wake up a different you inside

Find yourself at the end of this long tunnel

Follow the path in your subconscious, go on"

                               -Wake Up by NCT 127

ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

"Kakao!"

I open my eyes and groan as I look at my phone.

8:37pm. I'm late.

"Fuck"

Kakao alert from Jungwoo: "Dude, where are you? The Madam is gonna be here soon. If you're late again, she's not gonna let you preform."

I grabbed at my aching head as I read the message.

Why does it hurt so bad?

I look over at my nightstand and see the answer in the form of an empty bottle of soju. I can barely remember anything from the previous night, but from the looks of my bedroom, I seemed to have been by myself. I stand up to grab some water, ignoring the message from Jungwoo. Apparently he must have seen that I read it since my phone soon starts vibrating and spewing out kaka talk notifications at an irritatingly fast pace.

After chugging a full bottle of water in attempt to sooth my throbbing head, I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. In the mirror I see that the eyeliner from the day before had not even been attempted to wash off. What was originally a subtle thin black line had now smudged over the entirety of my lid and the concave of my under eyes. I looked trashed, no, dead was a better way to put it.

I roughly rub the smudged mess off my face with a washcloth. I don't bother applying a new face of makeup since I know I'll be expected to put it on at the venue.

I quickly gather up my make up supplies and shove them into my backpack. I grab the tote bag containing my costume along with my phone and leave the trashed one bedroom apartment, not bothering to change out of the black sweatshirt and torn jeans I had worn yesterday. It wasn't unsual for me to fall asleep or "pass out" in my day clothes.

It wasn't that I didn't have any pajamas to change into, it was more an issue of being too drunk to care. Right now, my reasons for not putting on a new outfit was that I was too hungover to care not to mention the fact that I was very late.

I walk down the halls of my building, choosing to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Although anyone who stepped foot into my room would believe that I must have lived in the ghetto, my building was actually quite nice. I just happen to be a very messy person and it must show in how I present myself because my neighbors often go out of their ways to avoid me. The only person in the building who I'm actually close with is the doorman.

"Goodmorning Hyuck." I say as I grab my headphones out of my bag.

"Hello Miss Y/N." He greets me as he holds the door open for me and a elderly couple exiting the building.

I chuckle at his formality. As the elderly couple walks out of sight, I turn to the short male.

"How do you do?" I say mockingly to the uniformed doorman.

Donghyuck looks at me and rolls his eyes.

"You know I have to keep up appearances when I'm on the clock. Hey do you have a show tonight?"

"How can you tell?"

"Well you said good morning to me and it's nighttime so... I just assumed that means you're planning on staying up."

I look at him sheepishly. Donghyuck knew about my nighttime activities yet he still treated me with the same respect he gave to all the other people living in the building. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't use casual language with me every chance he gets. His reasoning being that we've drank together so many times that it shouldn't matter that he's a few years younger than me. I don't mind, in fact, I think it would be weird if he spoke politely to me since I've never been polite to him a day in my life.

My eyes buldge slightly due to the realization that I only have an hour to get from Hongdae to Ittaewon.

"I gotta go. I'll see you later DongFuck!"

"HEY!!!"

I run to Hongik exit 9 and into the sea of people trying to get to where they'll begin their nights. As I step onto the subway, I notice that some people are already drunk. I spot some drunk ajushi's yelling at this blonde girl asking if she's a Russian prostitute. I roll my eyes and walk over to her.

"Are you okay?"

She looks up at me and nods. The old men start directing their comments at me instead.

It's better that they act this way towards me. They're comments will be justified if they talk about me.

The girl sneaks away without another glance and I start to feel relieved until a hand lands on my shoulder. I keep still but my eyes glance at the screen displaying the stops.

Only 3 more stops. I just have to cope for 3 more stops.

The hand moves toward my chest. I continue to stay still. If I fight back they'll just do it to the other girl. The hand feels slimy, coated with a thick layer of sweat. It's disgusting. I brush the hand away slightly as to prevent it from sliding further south, but my attempts are futile as the man continues to touch me.

It isn't until the old man caressing me grabs at my necklace that I look at his face and pull my fist back.

ㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈㅈ