22. The Event Part 2

Ashanti's POV

I couldn't believe that he let me dance there with her husband and humiliate myself in front of her.

Obviously knowing what the both of them have done behind our backs. Does her husband even know the shit she's been doing?

I can't believe he agreed to dance with her, anyway.

He agreed to dance with her after knowing what he had done to me.

He agreed to dance with her after knowing that he broke my heart when he slept with her.

She even had a husband and he knew that. She has a husband and she's been pining after another man.

How sick could one person be?!

Suddenly, I didn't feel like dancing anymore and in this ballroom was the last place I wanted to be with the two of these people.

I excused myself from dancing with Nick and I went out into the garden to get a breath of fresh air, but I was still so hurt.

It felt like my throat was closing up and the tears welled in my eyes for the millionth time over the one man I ever loved, Lamonte fucking King.

I heard footsteps and I turned around to face the woman who had slept with Lamonte.

"Nice party, isn't it?," she asked with a broad smile on her face.

"What the fuck do you want?," I ask getting straight to the point.

"Oh, you finally realized who I was. I was trying to make friendly conversation, but since you have to make this hard. I'll get straight to the point, then. I want you to leave Lamonte alone," she said with a shrug.

"You manipulative bitch. You have a husband and yet, you still go after another man. How much of a slut could you possibly be?," I say with a laugh.

"I don't care what you think because you don't know the history. He loves me, he always has, but you're just getting in the way of things. I need you to leave him alone," she said menacingly.

"He only fucked you once and you believe you're entitled to tell me to leave him alone. If he loved you, why would he give me a ring?," I say holding my hand out.

"Is that what he told you? Oh, honey. We were together for years until I cheated on him with Nick, over there. We've been fucking for years, even before you came into the picture. We even fucked a few times while you were still together. Don't feel special because that ring means nothing. He always comes back to me and he always will," she said with a smirk on her face.

I was so angry. I could feel my heart racing and my blood pumping. I punched her in the eye and she fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

Lamonte and Nick walked outside to see what all the commotion was about.

Nick immediately went to his wife on the floor while Lamonte came over to check on me.

He tried touching me but I immediately pulled away from his touch.

"I wanna go home now," I said coldly as I made my exit to his car.

The entire crowd of people were watching me until my final step out of that horrid ballroom.
I was so angry but I had to keep it at bay for now because I didn't want to make more of a scene than I had already caused.

He met me in the car and asked me what happened.

I honestly couldn't talk and I didn't feel like talking.

Was she telling the truth?

Had he been cheating on me our entire relationship?

I didn't want to believe it but I just had to ask what I was thinking or else it would eat me alive.

As soon as we passed the threshold of his house, I started to speak.

I spoke but it came out hoarse, "You let me stand there and associate with that woman when you knew she was the woman that you cheated on me with. You shared a dance with her knowing what you two had done."

"Babe, I really didn't want to dance with her or converse with her at all. I can't stand her, but I really didn't want to cause a scene in front of everyone," he continued to say.

"How many times did you sleep with her?," I asked.

"I—," he paused and he didn't say a word after that.

"Apparently, you guys have been sleeping together throughout our entire relationship and even before I was in the picture! You weren't even going to bother to tell me the truth. I thought I could give you another chance, but this just proves to me what kind of sadistic asshole you really are. I was willing to give you another chance because I thought you had changed. You are just as bad as she is, maybe even worse because you let me believe that you actually loved me and that you wanted a life with me," I spoke with such anger and hatred in my voice.

This was the most hurt I have ever felt in my life and in that moment, every single thing that he has done to me rush through my head.

I gave him my mind, body, and soul while all I got in return was lies, betrayal, and heartache.

He has been lying to me since the beginning, which means that nothing that we had was real.

He was my first everything and now it meant nothing.

"You have nothing to say now, huh?!," I yelled.

"I didn't mean to cheat on you! It's just the way I've been doing things from the beginning. I self-sabotage any good thing in my life. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to lose you again. I don't care about her anymore, Ashanti. You're all that I ever wanted and more. I didn't want to ruin us, but I thought I could never be the man you wanted me to be. These past three months all I've been thinking about was you. What I said to you earlier I meant every word. Every single girl I look at disgusts me now and I want to give you everything. I promise I want forever with you. Please forgive me," he pleaded with me.

He stepped closer to me, but I just continued to step farther and farther away from him.

"I don't believe a word you're telling me. You had your chance and you blew it. I don't ever want to see you again or hear from you. I hate you and you can forget about me ever taking you back. You're worthless and you mean absolutely nothing at all to me anymore," I say breathlessly as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I took off the ring he had put on my finger earlier and I gave it right back to him.

"That's what I should've done last night in the first place."

I looked him in his eyes with an expressionless face and as I looked into his eyes all I saw was tears, despair, and sadness.

If it was the old me I would've ran back in his arms, I would've wanted to do anything to make him feel better, and I would've been there with him through anything.

But now that I'm looking at him. Now that I'm seeing I'm the one who's causing him pain, it makes me feel good.

After all the pain he has caused me he deserves it.

I wanted him to hurt just as much as he hurt me over and over again.

I walked away from him for the last time, my heart can't take anymore.

"You promised me you wouldn't leave. You can't leave. You're breaking your promise to me. Ashanti, please don't leave. We can fix this. I will do anything, please stay," he begged as he tried to touch me again.

I pulled away without hesitation and spoke, "You already broke your promise to me from the beginning, so I don't care if I break mine. Goodbye, Lamonte."

_____