23. Move On

Lamonte's POV

She left.

She really left.

I had a feeling that this time it was for good.

I couldn't help but let the tears fall out. I had lost her for good.

She was the only thing that shined light into my crazy life and I just couldn't give up on the possibility that this was it for us.

I need her like the air that I breathe.

I couldn't just let her go.

I stared at the ring that she placed in my hand. The way that she looked at me as if she hated me. I saw nothing in her eyes.

I had really pushed her too far.

I broke her heart too many times and I had nobody else to blame but myself.

If I had been good to her from the beginning I would've still had her now.

I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed a bottle of bourbon.

I took a swig straight from the bottle.

My life without her looks so bleak and I had a taste of that for the past three months, but now I felt it was really over for us and that emptiness would be permanent.

I had my chance and I finally had her back, but I ruined everything.

I fucked everything up.

There was no way for me to get her back.

I flipped the table and punched the wall. I screamed at the top of my lungs in agony as I fell to the floor with tears pooling in my eyes.
Tears that I couldn't stop from falling.

I felt a pang of pain in my chest and I couldn't breathe.

She was gone.

Ashanti's POV:

The next day...

It felt good to finally stop beating myself up over him.

He never felt the same way for me as I did for him. I spent months loving him and wanting to go back with him, but now I have cried all the tears.

It was over for us and I was good with that.

It was time for me to move on.

I couldn't keep getting hurt by him and every minute, I would be reminded that he broke me into a million pieces over and over again.

I wanted to be happy and now it was my turn to make him hurt.

Hey ~ Trey.

I told him that I had needed space to get over my ex and he said that he would give me time until I was ready.

He was so caring and gentle.

Hey, dinner tonight? ~ Me.

I asked and I waited for a reply.

Yes, finally ;) ~ Trey.

I guess that he had been waiting for me for a long time.

I was finally ready to move on and I never felt more free.

A smile crossed my face as I went up to Ana's room. She was laying in bed with her headphones on.