Regular

"We're enjoying this feeling, every time
All you kids who lost me, please stop hitting my line
It's building up but I'm still not satisfied
Of course, we're on the regular
I'm not ordinary, irregular"
-Regular (Korean version) by NCT127

##################################

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" I sneer at the short figure as it approaches me.

"Haven't you ever heard of coming on time?" the figure snarkily replied, taking a drag from her cigarette.

The Madam, or Madam Ten, as some of us called her, was sort of like the leader of the group. She directed the show, organized it, taught choreography. and had final call on every detail of the show. The thing about the Madam, was that she wasn't exactly a madam. Like Jungwoo, she was a drag queen, but she committed to the role more. None of us had ever actually seen the older out of drag. Some assumed that she may have identified as a woman, since anytime anyone said differently, she would scoff and often would reply with the same two answers.

When it was a woman addressing her as a man, she would say something like,

"Darling. When you refer to me as a he, you are merely pointing out the sad truth that even a man can easily be prettier than you."

When it was a man, she would walk up to the poor soul and say something vulgar, such as "You won't be calling me a he when you are screaming my name later."

Madam Ten was roughly in her 50's yet was still dripping in womanly charm and beauty. Her face was wrinkled from all the years of smoking cigarettes, but she had more knowledge about seduction than all of us, so her age rarely mattered to the men around her.

She wore her hair in a sort pixie cut. Her red dress draped to the floor. She had an array of colorful scarves wrapped around her neck and shoulders. Heavy jewelry adorned her fingered and neck. Her ruby lips wrapped around the long black straw encasing the end of her cigarette.

"On a normal night, I would give your act to Taeil as punishment for your... tardiness"

I raise my eyebrows.

"But,,,?" I question anticipatingly waiting for her to explain further.

"But despite Taeil's ability being equal to yours, in my opinion even better..." She continues, snarkily mumbling the last part.

"He's lacking your certain assets, which I believe our special audience members would prefer tonight." She coos. not even trying to be subtle about staring at my undressed body.

"Special audience members?" I ask as I turn away to find my costume.

"It seems as though our venue has been...reserved for a private party this evening."

"The whole venue?" I gasp.

"Yes. And it seems as though I've had to make some last-minute changes to the show tonight in order to appeal to our audience's specific tastes."

"What kinds of changes?" I inquire, continuing to dress myself.

"Sadly, tonight is going to focus on the more traditionally feminine tonight. It's such a shame that men nowadays are still so afraid to explore their sexualities." She rests her hand on her face as if genuinely contemplating something.

I start zipping up my costume before I realize what she's implying.

"Jungwoo's not going to be allowed to perform tonight is he?"

Madam Ten walking up behind me and pulls the zipper of my costume up the remainder of my back.

"We all are expected to make sacrifices sometimes."

This isn't fair. Jungwoo works harder than me at everything he does, it isn't fair that I should get to preform while he's expected to roll over just because of some last-minute guests. And what about the Madam? Madam Ten would never change the line-up for a show just to appease the preferences of some rich snooty straight assholes. In the past, whenever an audience member complained about the less conventional dancers, it would end with her having the source of the complaint swiftly thrown to the curb. The Madam often referred to these men as lacking taste or ability to appreciate the real artistry of burlesque, but tonight she's acting as if her submission isn't even something to be questioned.

Whoever could afford to rent out the whole venue must have a lot of both money and power to cause the Madam to act this way. Who could these guests be in order for the Madam to choose to compromise the show's integrity?

"I should go talk to Jungwoo." I say as I turn to leave the room.

Madam Ten stops me, grabbing my hand.

"I already sent him home." She explains reaching into the pocket of her dress.

"But he did leave me this to give to you."

She faces me towards the mirror and wraps my newly fixed necklace around my neck. I'm unable to examine the fixed clasp, but it's ability to stay on my neck reassures me of it's functionality.

Madam Ten starts walking out of the dressing room and towards the backstage curtains. Once we arrive Madam Ten slings her arms gently around my shoulders and brings her lips closer to my ears.

"Tell me Y/N, are you familiar with NCT 127?"

My eyes bulge upon hearing the name. NCT 127 was one of the most infamous Mafia gangs in Seoul. Specializing in drug trade and weapon imports, NCT 127 was known for it's ties with the police, making it the gang untouchable. Besides that, most people don't know very much about the group. People know that it exists, but most of the group's actions completed with such secrecy that no one outside of the group is completely sure about the how far their reach is. Some have specified that they have so much power in Seoul that even the president has been accused of being in the leader's pocket.

I turn to face the Madam.

"It seems as though they will be making up our audience this evening."

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

A/N: Wow this is soooooo cheesy. Sorry ya'll I hope this isn't too cliche, I'm trying to mix things up a bit by making the main character seem less virginal. I'm tired of all these stories rotating around a girl's purity.

Vote if you want.