|34|

"Kuma-yah!!"

Jisoo watched the scene unfolding, with Jinwoo just perched on top of the stairs and her following the younger girl on the main floor. A brown pomeranian went yapping excitedly. Jennie knelt to the ground just as the little being lunged into her arms. She squealed loudly like a kid when she welcomed it.

"Did you miss me?! Hmm? Ppo ppo?" Jennie heartily giggled as the puppy licked her chin then her cheeks. It was too obedient to her words, actually giving her wet kisses on her face upon request. "Kiyowo! I miss you too, baby."

'Cute. Why is she... why are they so cute?!'

The interaction made Jisoo's heart swell at the sight. Her smile just kept getting wider and she could've stood there for hours, maybe even days, just observing how Jennie acts around the brown puppy. If she isn't Kuma's, the little being who's currently settled and tucked into Jennie's arms, owner then there was no other explanation. The footsteps behind sounded as Jinwoo descended the stairs. There was ever a delighted expression on his face, seeing that he had also tidied up when the two girls did. He was starting to look less hassled and more handsome than ever.

"I know you want to have him around again as soon as possible so I asked if I could take him home. His vet said he's good to go and of course..." Jinwoo scratched Kuma's ear which earned him some attention before the latter turned back to Jennie. "It would be better if he's around his rightful owner."

"I take it Kai isn't as well as him?"

"He's getting better yet somehow..." Jennie nodded as he shrugged "And Auntie--"

"Would keep him around. Of course. That guy listens to her more than me after all."

"She practically raised him."

Jennie patted Kuma's head before it jumped from her and she kept her eyes on him, following his trails. Jisoo noticed it coming closer to her so she bent on one knee to pet him. She was still hearing their conversation nevertheless. "More than she has raised me."

"Jennie..."

"Looks like he likes you, Jaesu." She dismissed Jinwoo's call and Jisoo had a feeling that the younger girl approaching her and Kuma was a way to avoid it further. She picked him up and did a wave with its tiny paw. "Annyeong. My name is Kuma. And your name is?"

'Did she just... was that a freaking aegyo?!'

The older girl tried so hard to successfully keep down the squeal she had when Jennie talked in that cute voice. As if it was really what Kuma would've said or he entirely agreed with the girl holding her, he barked and smiled. Or Jisoo would've called that a smile with its eyes filled with glee.

She decided to play along. "Mine's Kim Jisoo."

"Ah... Kim Jaesu?" Jennie repeated with an aegyo that might have just made her heart flutter more. And the little cute brown puppy wasn't helping in lessening the cuteness in front of her.

"Jisoo."

"Jaesu?"

"Ji-Soo." She enunciated the two syllables as if it'll work around the latter. She giggled when Kuma barked in reply as if understanding everything. "It's Jisoo, okay? Listen to me."

"It's Jaesu, Kuma-yah. Call her Jaesu." The way the puppy looked up at her and they stared at each other made it seem like they were really having a conversation. Feeling that Kuma isn't volatile even with strangers, Jisoo tickled its tummy. That gave him a reason to turn back to Jisoo. "He won't. He only listens to me. That's why--"