Chapter 17 Beautiful

A tall women - obviously his mother - with the most beautiful blonde hair and Crystal blue eyes,  stood before us with a broad smile covering her ageing features. 

"Aiden!" She said with enthusiasm, giving her son a hug while I just stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do. "It's great to see you too mom. I missed you. " he said , pulling back. "Well , than that's your own fault for moving far away from home."  His mother said teasingly,  still not acknowledging my presence,  too engrossed in the return of her son which I totally understood. That's probably why I didn't want to intrude and ruin their moment either.

Stepping back , Aiden once again laced my fingers with his while he smiled adoringly at me. "Mom , this is Amaya ." As soon as those words left his mouth,  I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by his mother. She reminded me a lot of mine , the way they interacted with their children. The love in their eyes when they looked into the eyes of their kin.

"Come in , you both are soaking wet from the rain. Let's get you warmed up." She said , leading us in and closing the door behind us.

"Where is everybody? " Aiden barely managed to say as a little boy - probably around 5 or 6 - ran into his arms while Aiden picked him up.

"Uncle Aiden !" The little boy said  excited , while Aiden put him back on his feet again . "Good to see you too sport. But shouldn't you be in bed already? " he said , sounding much like a father  than the 'cool uncle ' I would've thought he'd be.

"Mom said I could wait up until you got here. " he said,  jumping up and down while a giggle escaped my lips making the little boy's  eyes shoot to mine. "Hi , I'm Cody . You must be uncle Aiden's girlfriend mom told me about. " he said making Aiden shush him while his cheeks turned a beetroot red.

"It's okay." I said with a smile , brushing it off as I bent down giving Cody a high five.

"Cody !" A women called while she walked into the room. "Well it's about time you got here little bro." She said , walking over to Aiden and giving him a hug. She looked a lot like their  mother , a much younger version of her. She turned to me with a warm smile , giving me a hug  saying ; "I'm Amelia,  this little twerps sister. You must be Amaya. "  she said , making Aiden feel embarrassed for the second time tonight.

"That's me." I said with a smile , looking over at Aiden who wasn't looking like he enjoyed the comments his family were  making about him. "Come on , the rest's this way. " she said,  taking my hand leading me to an entertainment center where two men sat watching a football game. She cleared her throat,  making the men turn around and meet my gaze while they stood up.

"This is my husband Jeffrey and my dad Thomas. Dad , Jeff , this is Amaya - Aiden's date-" she said as I shook both their hands while a blush made it's way up MY cheeks this time. They both greeted me warmly , saying how nice it was to finally meet me as we walked back to the living room , seeing Mrs Carter start to dish up.

"Tom , would you say grace ?" She said as we all took hands while Mr Carter thanked the Lord for our meal.

The meal was filled with questions shooting my way as I now realized how Aiden must've felt when it was him in the hot seat last time. But , I continued to answer every question politely and truthfully because they were all so kind and accepting of me so how could I not ?

Two hours later I was starting to feel the day's toll that it has taken on me and asked to be excused for the night. I then said my goodbye to everyone as Aiden showed me to my room, taking my bag along with him.

"This is your room with an ensuite bathroom to the left . My room is just across the hall as well as my sister's if you need anything. "  he said,  placing my bag on the bed.