xx. shopping spree

CHAPTER TWENTY:SHOPPING SPREE

CHAPTER TWENTY:
SHOPPING SPREE

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

LIZ TENDED TO sleep in on the summer days when she had nothing to do. She really tried not to since she hated not feeling productive but she knew that the feeling of productivity could still be found even if she slept in another hour or two than she normally would, so she let herself. Still, it was ten and she was still in bed which was a first for her, but she had nobody to tell her to get up. Steve was at work and her parents were on a vacation in some tropical island somewhere.

Liz rolled over in her bed, her messy hair spread out across the pillow. Her dreams had been wild that night and just like usual, they were all about Max. Liz had had many dreams that included her and Max on dates and living in a world where they didn't have to worry about kissing in public or even just holding hands in public as a couple. Liz prayed that one day she would be able to date any girl she wanted and not be hated for it.

The doorbell echoed throughout the house and Liz groaned. She laid in bed for another minute before she heard it again. Liz threw the covers off of her and ran a hand through her hair as she exited her bedroom and hurried down the stairs. The doorbell rang once more and she started jogging to the door. Whoever it was, clearly wanted something. Liz opened the front door and was surprised to see both Max and El standing there, "Uh, hey. What's up?"

"We're giving Mike the medicine," El states, looking confident with those words.

Liz furrows her brows slightly. Max notices her confused expression and explains, "Mike is being a dick and lying to El, so we are going to get her mind off of him and show her that there is more to life than stupid boys. You in?"

Liz smiles which only makes Max smile more, "What were you thinking?"

Max steps closer to Liz and puts her lips by Liz's ear. Their cheeks were pressed against each other and Liz felt goosebumps run up her spine as Max whispered into her ear, "I was thinking Starcourt. El's never been."

Max stepped back and Liz smiled, "Give me ten minutes?"

The two girls nodded and Liz stepped aside, allowing them to come in and enjoy the air conditioning before they would be stuck on a hot bus for ten minutes. The girls came inside and went straight to Liz's living room while Liz went back upstairs, rushing to get ready. She threw on a t-shirt and shorts then quickly ran a brush through her hair which only made it worse somehow, so she decided on a side braid. Once Liz was satisfied with how she looked, she rushed downstairs where Max and El met her in the foyer. All three girls rushed out the door and ran to the nearest bus stop that would take them to Starcourt.