𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

COMING THIS SUMMER:
WE WANT ALEX HENDERSON !

COMING THIS SUMMER:WE WANT ALEX HENDERSON !

☀︎

HAWKINS, INDIANA WAS GROWING HOTTER AND HOTTER, DAY BY DAY AS THE FOURTH OF JULY APPROACHED. Ice cream, Starcourt, babysitting and poolsides are the only things that seemed to fill Alex Henderson's summer. With Dustin gone for a month, away at camp, things we're looking bleak and boring. Yet, it was a completely normal summer with the Upside Down and the Mind Flayer out of everyone's minds.

Sitting at the poolside, Alex had been lounged in her bikini with her sunglasses pushed up on top of her head as she read her book. Erica only ever had one demand from her babysitter, and that was to keep her distance and mind her business. It was something Alex found easy to follow given Erica did have a way with words— for a little girl, she was vicious.

Out in the water, Karen Wheeler had emerged from the pool, soaking wet and hungry for a younger man. Coming to deliver exactly what she had needed, Billy had came with a towel in hand just for her. "Looking good, Mrs. Wheeler. Perfect form."

"Well, your form is amazing," she responded back. As Karen continued to stutter out that she had been talking about his teaching skills with the children, Alex had overheard the conversation given they stood not too far away.

Knocking her sunglasses down to shield her eyes, she had pulled her book up closer to her face to keep herself hidden as she watched the interaction in curiosity. Her eyes shifted back and forth between the two— Karen Wheeler, flustered and flirty, and Billy Hargrove soaking it all in.

"You know, I could teach you, if you'd like," Billy offered her. "I know all the styles. Freestyle. Butterfly..." Biting his tongue, he had inched closer to her the more flustered she had became. "... Breaststroke."

Losing sight of her dignity, Karen dropped her towel down to the wet concrete under their feet. Both had made a reach for it as she attempted to laugh it off as a simple mistake. "I didn't think you... I didn't think you taught adults."

"Well, I offer more, uh...advanced lessons to select clientele." Being a lifeguard had its perks for Billy with women fawning over him and getting to yell at the occasional kid. However, the only times he didn't shoot a wink in the direction of the very interested moms and talked nicely to the kids that ran around was when he would see Erica Sinclair laughing and splashing with her friends in the pool. Her arrival only meant that Alex was not too far away.

And just as his eyes lingered over the pool as he spoke, he had seen Erica Sinclair instructing her friends what game they would be playing next that he realized Karen Wheeler was not the only person he was looking to impress.