TWO: SURPRISE, DUSTIN!

Chapter Two: Surprise, Dustin!

"I wanna hold your hand."

•

The next day came and Eve woke up still not feeling right. She knew something bad was going to happen, she could feel it. The thought alone terrified her.

When she awoke, she went to the bathroom and got herself ready for the day. She quickly threw on her shorts and shirt, styling her hair with sunglasses.

She looked down at her wrist, seeing the scar of the 012 and grabbed her foundation. She quickly covered it up so it couldn't be seen and ran down the stairs.

She looked at the time on the clock as her mom made lunch, it being Sunday after all, and realised she had to be at Dustin's to surprise him.

As the thought came into her head, her doorbell rang, she ran towards it, but her dad got there first, opening the door.

"Eve we gotta- oh, uh, hi, Mr Harrington," Max said awkwardly upon seeing it wasn't Eve.

The man stared at Max for a moment as Eve ran under his arm, "Max! Buddy ole pal! I'll be out in a second," Eve exclaimed, grabbing her shoes and putting them on her feet quickly.

"Where do you think you're going?" Her dad asked.

"Out," She said, "bye!" She said, slamming the door and looking at Max. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and grabbed her bike, "come on, voyager, we gotta go."

-

They were all set. Dustin had just got home, the party were hidden behind a wall and ready to
Surprise him. Max and Eve were holding the sign as the plan begun.

Eleven started moving Dustin's toys in his room with  her mind. Catching his attention and freaking him out. He grabbed something to protect himself with, the closest thing being Farrah Fawcett spray that had not been touched since the snow ball. Steve had told him not to use it all up as he wouldn't ever buy it for him again, so he saved it for special occasions.

"It's just a dream," They heard Dustin day to himself as he followed the toys out to the hall and into his living room, "you're dreaming."

Eve heard Mike whisper, "now," to Eleven, giving her the signal to stop moving the toys.

The group all slowly crept out behind Dustin as he examined his toys that had moved on their own. Eve held up her fingers, miming one... two... three...