chapter one

Yeah-yeah arrived to her new home. It was small but cozy. But she didn't want to leave her old home.

Yeah-Yeah walked into the house with a box that had her name on it with messy handwriting. She moved in a week before school ended.

The young strawberry blonde checked the rooms sizes. They were a decent size. She had chosen a decent sized bedroom beforehand. Her bed was already made and had her mattress on it.

They had builders come in a week before the two strawberry blondes walked in the front door. Their beds, desks, and drawers were built and made. The walls painted.

She set her items down on her bed. She moved around the room slowly. Taking the whole thing in. The young girl was starstruck, like it had just hit her.

She touched the light blue wall with her hand. She looked at it as if she'd never seen a wall before. This was cut off short by her sister "It's nice right, Yeah-yeah" Jess said looking around the room. "Yeah-yeah, I guess" the shorter girl responded.

"Dad said to go outside and make friends" with an annoyed tone Yeah-yeah responded "Yeah-yeah, i'll be back in like an hour or so". "Yeah-yeah" the older Mayfield sister said "Yeah", "be careful, i love you". "Yeah-yeah, I love you too" the younger girl said.

Yeah-yeah didn't really want to make friends but she still went out. She pulled her hair up in a ponytail.

The strawberry blonde didn't know where she was going so she made a mental map of her steps.

Yeah-yeah walked around aimlessly. After a few minutes she heard yells of joy. "Game on!" an unknown voice had yelled. The strawberry haired girl walked to the entrance of the field.

She slowly opened the gate not wanting to make much noise. She stumbled into the field because she almost slipped on a rock.

She looked up again seeing a group of nine boys. A tall tan boy with a bat. He hit the ball like there was no tomorrow. And then another boy caught it, that boy throwing it to second. The tan kid at second throwing the ball to the kid at third. It going to fourth and then back to the pitcher.

She watched this play out for a couple of minutes

She watched this play out for a couple of minutes. Until something unexpected happened, something she's never seen before. The baseball broke, it was in two.

The young girl stared at it in shock. She began to clap, a slow clap at first. As she began a tall kid with glasses had looked in her direction he whispered something to the short tan boy next to him.

As the girl's clap began to get louder the rest of the boys looked at her. "Yeah-yeah, that was incredible" The strawberry blonde said.

The boys looked at eachother in confusion. "I'm Benny, Benny Rodriguez" the tallest boy said breaking the tension. "I'm Morgan Mayfield, but most people call me Yeah-yeah" she said giving the boys a small wave with a smile. The shorter tan boy looked at the girl with a raised eyebrow.

Benny then introduced the girl to the boys "This is Timmy and Tommy "Repeat" Timmons, Scotty Smalls, over here's Mike "Squints" Palledorous, Kenny DeNunez, Bertram Grover Weeks, that's Hamilton Porter-we call him Ham, and lastly Alan McClennan-we call him Yeah-yeah" each of the boys besides Benny and Scotty spit at her feet. Benny said gazing between the "red head" and the dirty blonde.

Yeahyeah gazed at the boy, with the same nickname as her, and he returned the stare. "Yeah-yeah that's quite odd" The strawberry blonde said looking back at Benny.

"Hey that's my line" The blonde boy said looking at the strawberry blonde. "Yeah-yeah, I never said it wasn't" the girl said with a heavy New Yorker accent. The two stared at eachother for a minute or so before it was cut short.

"Hey can you play ball" Hamilton said looking at the girl infront of him.

"Yeah, in fact i'm pretty good" the young girl said in a matter of fact tone.

Squints scoffed, "but you're a girl!" Squints exclaimed to the girl.

"And what about it" Yeah-yeah said crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow in an intimidating way.

Squints not wanting to get punched just took a step behind Ham. Yeah-yeah scoffed at him.

"Show us you can play" the other Yeah-yeah said staring at the short girl.

After twenty minutes of the boys getting their asses kicked Benny had stopped the game walking toward the "red head".

"You're good", he said looking down at the shorter girl. Benny stuck his hand out for a handshake, smiling from ear to ear, "Welcome to the team".

The strawberry blonde took his hand hesitantly and shook it, also giving him a smile.

Yeah-yeah rolled his eyes at their "moment".

The strawberry blonde's older sister came into the field running to Yeah-yeah. "Jesus christ Yeah-yeah, you gave me and dad a heart attack trying to look for you," the older Mayfield sister said looking at her sister with utmost concern in her eyes.

Jess didn't even notice the group of boys near her sister until after Yeah-Yeah said something. "Uh Jess, there are people here," which caused Jess to look the boys up and down.

"Oh, hello," the strawberry blonde said to the boys, "Anyways dad was worried sick about you so lets go" Jess said pulling her towards the exit.

Yeah-yeah waved a goodbye to the boys as she was pulled out of the field. In which the Benny and Yeah-yeah and Scotty returned it.

As the two strawberry blondes girls were out of earshot of the boys Jess told her younger sister something. "They were cute," Jess said looking at her sister with a smirk.

"Especially the shortie, he was makin' googly eyes at you, probably even before I was there" Jess said still with a smirk plastered on her face.

"No he wasn't" Yeah-yeah said looking at her sister with an annoyed face.

"So what was his name," Jess said in a sing songy voice. The younger Mayfield sister sighed in defeat knowing she would never let this go.

"Fine, fine, fine, his name's Alan McClennan but they also call him "Yeah-yeah" " this caused Jess to stop and turn to her sister. "What?" the older girl questioned.

"Yeah-yeah, I know, weird" the young girl said as they arrived to their home.