Chapter Twenty Eight - Don't Touch What's Mine

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

If I had my way, I would have killed you.

KAYDEN HAVANA

"Oh come on Kayden, I get one night off and you sit there on your phone?" Jaxon across the table from me whines.

I glance up from my phone and look at him.

"Sorry I'm  just texting Kayleigh," I say.

Jaxon takes a sip from his drink. He ordered whiskey on the rocks. He knew I hated whiskey.

Kayden Havana
10:55pm

I'm glad Kay, what you doing now?

Kayleigh Elliott
10:56pm

Thinking about you, of course

Three dots appear after her text for a few moments. I wait for her to finish typing but she doesn't.

"I know you guys are like infatuated with each other, but please for the sake of not having to look after Aurora. Or having the pack down my neck. Can we please just enjoy this one evening away?" Jaxon sounds like he's exhausted.

Locking my phone I look back up to him and smile. Jaxon was right. To say he needed a night off was an understatement. Even Ava agreed, he needed time for a boys night. Regardless of the fact I now was taking over some of his Alpha duties, Jaxon being Jaxon wanted to make sure that everything was okay and settled. Add on top of that a new born baby and a hormonal mate. Let's just say, he needed this time away.

"Sorry," I say.

"As I was saying," Jaxon starts again. "As much as the sleepless nights and the night fee—"

Jaxon trails off but my mind is completely distracted. Bright lights and high pitched noises were going off in my head. My eyes were shielded blackness, I felt momentarily blinded. Then my ears felt like they were going to bleed, it was ear numbing.

Something was wrong. Something was severely wrong. And all I could think of was Kayleigh.

Fire burned its way through my blood, devouring my body in what I thought at first was pain but was actually distress. I caught glimpses of Kayleigh's voice in my head. Like I was hearing her thoughts but she wasn't thinking them, she was saying them.

"Somethings wrong," I cut over Jaxon. My voice is harsh and strained.

"What?" He asks instantly.

When my eyes look back to him I finally get my eyesight back. The lights in the bar startle my eyes and I blink to regain my sight.

"Kayleigh," is all I manage to get out. "I need to go."

My feet fumble as I push back the chair from beneath me. "Kayden!" Jaxon is after me in an instant. He grabs my arm but I force my way out of the bar door.