vi. the birth of a killer

chapter six
the birth of a killer

✧ 

( BEFORE YOU READ )

this chapter does have 
some triggering topics 
such as a car crashes, 
drinking and driving,
blood, death, murder,
insanity & anxiety attacks
it's not that bad but
thought i should warn
you before reading!
okay thanks xx

 "I'M SO PROUD OF YOU" ,  Emilia squealed, biting her lip. She quickly glanced at her little girl then back at the road.

 Rue felt herself smiling, "Thanks, mama," she beamed, holding onto the baseball trophy in her hands. Ruth didn't have the tired bags under her eyes, or her cheeks didn't hurt from holding onto the fake smiles.

 "Where do you want to celebrate?" Her mother asked, "The diner?" she wiggled her eyebrows. The diner was where the mother and daughter duo spent most of their time. Emilia owned it. She worked there most of the time. And after school Rue would show up, either helping her behind the counter or sitting at one of the booths, doing her homework.

 "We can invite Ava, if you want," Emilia added, grinning as she watched the blush growing on her daughter's face.

 Rue groaned, sinking in her seat, "No, I wanna spend time with you."

 "Oh, alright," Her mom bashed, a smile still plastered on her face. "I really like Ava, she's nice."

 "Yeah, she is," Rue sighed with a simper, looking out the window. Her fingers brushed over the glass before speaking again, "She's the only one who likes me."