THREE: I LIKE GIRLS

Chapter Three: I Like Girls

"I want love, but it's impossible."

•

The next morning was a nice one. The two girls woke up after cuddling all night, smiles on their faces as they lay in Eve's bed, neither wanting to move. They were laying close together, talking about pointless things and about their friends.

"You think Suzie is real?" Eve asked Max, who shook her head, "no?"

"I mean..." Max started, "no offence to Dustin or anything but I can't imagine him bagging the brainiest yet hottest girl out there."

"Really?" Eve asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I think she's real."

"No way," Max giggled as she stared at Eve's face with a lazy smile.

"Yeah!" Eve laughed herself. Staring up at her ceiling, "I mean, anyone can find love, right?"

"I guess so." Max mumbled. Eve looked over at Max, the two still smiling fondly at each other, before leaning in. The girls shared a quick peck, before kissing again.

The kiss was longer and more passionate. The two were so in love it would make anyone feel sick. Eve cupped Max's jaw as they kissed, happy as could be.

That was all ruined when Eve's dad walked in, his face turning from a bored look to one full of anger and disgust. Eve and Max jumped away from each other as her dad stared at the two.

He looked into Eve's eyes with such an intensity that Eve felt like going into a hole and not coming out for a hundred years. She was expecting or her dad to blow up right then and there, but instead he walked out and slammed the door behind him.

"Eve I'm so-" Max started to say, but Eve just stood out of the bed.

"You need to leave," Eve says to Max, "please. I'll call you later."

"Of course." Max nodded, getting up and grabbing her small backpack. She walked around and gave Eve a quick hug before leaving the room and awkwardly walking past Eve's dad before leaving the house.

Eve stayed in her room for a moment, trying to calm herself as she worried for what was to come.  She had to face the music eventually, no matter how scary and bad it could go.

She walked out of her room to see her dad not there, so she walked downstairs to see him standing in the kitchen.

"Dad, it's not what you think-" she starts to say, tears already beginning to form as she felt her heart in her mouth. Not even the mind flayer scared her this much.