Chapter 36

There is a long line of carriages waiting for noble families to walk on the red carpet to the Royal Palace surrounded by reporters.

Reminded of Etria's celebrity award ceremony, too bad in Etria I was almost a nobody and couldn't attend it. In Ravendale, I gained popularity by marrying infamous husbands, and not gaining popularity by my hard work.

"Nervous?" Alexander asked with a genuinely concerned expression. I just gave him a small smile and said.

"I guess I am nervous, I didn't expect the event to be that big."

"Indeed, the event is big, but you shouldn't worry about that much, since you are not after the title Lady of the Ravendale." Alexander smiled, he took my left hand to hold it and kissed my forehead.

A little tint of red appeared on my cheeks.

"Besides, there are a lot of mini lounges in the ballroom, if you want to rest from socializing," Nathaniel said as he held my right hand.

I appreciated their thoughtfulness.

If I don't end up like a laughing-stock, I should calm myself before I have to leave the carriage.

Soon it was our carriage in front of the red carpet.

Alexander was the first one who climbed from the carriage, so he could help out climbing off the carriage.

Before climbing off I decided to plaster a modest smile on my face.

My mother was right when she told me that I will need lessons about having graceful body language.

She was right about many things. I sighed in my mind.

I miss her so much.

When I got out of the carriage reporters started rapidly taking pictures of me. Some of them instead of focusing on interviewing and taking pictures of another noble lady wanted to interview me instead.

I kept my smile since I want to look good in the photos and not embarrass myself.

As we started walking the red carpet Nathaniel asked.

"Maybe we should stop for the interview, my dearest?"

"Maybe you are right, I guess I should stop for at least one interview," I answered.

So we decided to stop in front of one reporter, he looked like he had prepared his questions and desperately wanted to interview me.

The reporter gleamed at the chance and right off the bat started asking questions.

"Duchess Annabelle, what do you think are the chances you have of winning this year's Lady of the Ravendale?" the reporter asked.

"I think about 20 percent of winning, because I haven't been around in public's eye for a year, like other candidates," I answered.

"Ah I see, In my opinion, Duchess Annabelle you have more than 20 percent at winning. Even though you only spent four months in public's eye, you still managed to arouse people's attention."

"That might be also true, but who knows we will only know tomorrow about the conclusion of the ball," I replied with a smile.

"I see you are wearing a dress that was made by master Antonio, Duchess Annabelle." a reporter noticed my dress.

"Oh yes, I'm grateful and at the same time-honored to be able to wear such a masterpiece," I answered truthfully.

Who knows when I will be able to wear another masterpiece again.

I answered one question after another. We had limited time on the red carpet and the reporter saved the best for last.

"Lady Annabelle, there are rumors that you are planning to marry another husband, specifically marrying the Crown Prince Arthur, is that true?"

If I were drinking now, I would be choking on water.

Is it even appropriate to ask that kind of question in front of my husbands?

"No that is not true, I and Prince Arthur only danced with each other and nothing more. Besides, I don't need another husband." I calmly answered the question.

Then we started heading to the Royal Palace.

"We only danced at the ball, why would there be assumptions that I would be marrying?" I unknowingly vented to my husbands.

I didn't mean to say my thoughts out loud, but it seems my husbands didn't mind.

"Prince also has an infamous reputation like us, perhaps they think that you can tame him as you tamed us?" Nathaniel suggested.

Nathaniel didn't realize that his words put me under more stress.

"I did not tame you both. How did you both get such a reputation that society classified you both untamed when you are both capable of being a gentleman?" I sighed.

Nathaniel and Alexander looked at their confused wife. They feel her emotional distress, their husband's instincts signalling them to comfort her.

They learned about various methods that could effectively comfort her at home, but at the ball it would be a little inappropriate to cuddle her at the ball.

"Let's not think about this, after all, we came here to enjoy the ball." Alexander told Annabelle.

Annabelle deeply sighed and nodded.

As we entered the ballroom Annabelle didn't look at people's reactions, she was busy admiring the ballroom for the first time.

Then Alexander decided to invite Annabelle to dance, so her mood could improve.

Annabelle forgot that she is wearing a very expensive dress that caught everyone's attention. Her dress was sparkling under the light.

The ones who had seen her dancing with the prince had already forgotten because they were mesmerized by Alexander and Annabelle.

Alexander's purple suit perfectly matched Annabelle's combination of purple and green dress. They also noticed Annabelle's meaningful look while she was looking at her husband.

For most women, it's reminded of how they fell in love with their first husband and decided to join the dance floor with their first husbands.

Annabelle's dance with her husband is more meaningful than her dancing with the prince.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is a suprise chapter!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter, the next chapter will be more interesting I promise. :)

I finished writing the very very interesting chapters it's will start from 38 chapter. I hope you guys are prepared ^-^.

What are your thught about the chapter?

How do you thinkthe ball will end?

I'll see you next time :)