Going home

A few days later, as everyone sat in the sitting room drinking lemonade, Kyra announced that she and Stephan will be going home.

"You can't go yet, Eva is there, and she will kill you!" Maya said hysterically, and she held the babe tightly in her arms, worried that something might happen to him.

"Papa, papa," Stephan said, and clapped his hands.

"I don't think Eva is there Maya, she wouldn't dare visit the palace, Michael will kill her if she shows her face there." Kyra said, nice and calm.

All the witches looked around them quietly, not saying a single word.

Kyra narrowed her eyes, and said, "What are you all not telling me, and don't say nothing, because I can see it in your eyes!"

Hilda spoke up first, "Well we know for a fact that Eva is at Sterlingshire."

"And how would you know that?" Kyra asked.

"Because she told us!" Maya said quickly, before anyone could stop her.

"Even if she did go there, she would be thrown out, because Michael would not tolerate her appearance on his property." Kyra said with assurance.

"Yeah but he doesn't know it's her, she disguised herself as you!" Maya said, running her mouth as always without thinking.

And all the witches gasped with surprise that she would say such a thing to Kyra without any warning.

"What do you mean she looks like me?" Kyra asked, as she lifted herself off her chair.

"What I mean is, that Eva took your appearance to sleep with your husband!" Maya continued innocently, not realizing that Kyra was dying inside.

"Why don't you put a sock in your mouth Maya, it is not your place to tell Kyra such things!" The Head witch yelled.

Maya clamped her mouth shut, and said not one more word.

"Are you telling me that Eva stole my appearance, and she could at this very moment be sleeping with my husband?" And her heart twisted with pain as Kyra mouth those words.

"I'm afraid that is exactly what we are telling you, Kyra." The Head mistress said, already regretting not boxing Maya's ears off, after seeing the hurt in Kyra's eyes.

"My husband would notice right away that it is not me in his arms, he is not stupid, he will notice the difference. He loves me, and he will stop her!" Kyra said in a firm and unwavering voice, but the witches looked down at their feet, not wanting to look her in the eyes when they deliver the truth to her.

"Your husband has powerful magic spooled over him, and can not tell that it is not you. Eva even placed a magic spell on William and blocked his visions where you and Stephan are concerned. I am afraid that your husband has been enjoying having his wife in his bed for the last three months Kyra." Maya said, running her mouth again. Not realizing the damage she had done, until a shoe came flying at her, and knocked some sense into her.

"I don't believe you!" Kyra yelled, as the tears glided down her beautiful face.

"I'm afraid child, tis the truth." The Head witch said softly, "but it's not his fault, he is not himself, the magic has taken over his heart and mind."

Kyra felt dizzy, and sick to her stomach, she wanted to go to her room and lay down, but as she turned around to leave, her son caught her attention. One of the witches dropped a small spool of yarn, and watched as it rolled under an old trunk that stood on four brass legs. The witch walked over to it, and bent over, sliding her hand underneath to try and grab the yarn, but she could not reach it. The piece of furniture was an old antique trunk that was very heavy, and she could not move it. Giving up she walked back to her chair frustrated. Stephan witnessed this, and jumped off Hilda's lap, walked over to the trunk, and lifted it in the air with one hand, as if it were light as a feather.

"Yarn!" He said, and pointed his finger at it, and all the witches were amazed at his strength, and knew that they would miss him terribly when he leaves them.

The witch that had dropped the yarn went and retrieved it. Stephan placed the trunk back on the floor, and clapped his hands. "Stephan good job!" He said, and he looked at the head witch, "Stephan candy, toys, puppies?"

"No candy, bad for your teeth, too late for toys, it's bedtime now, and dogs are not allowed in the castle! But I will give you some warm milk and bread, and then you must say goodnight and go straight to bed." The head mistress told him.

Stephan narrowed his eyes, and folded his arms. "No sleep!" He yelled, "puppies!"

"No puppies!" The head witch yelled back, not liking the idea of little dirty animals in her clean castle.

"Kitties?" Stephan asked sweetly, and there was an uproar of laughter, as all the witches of East Wick watched with adoration Stephan produced two kittens in his arms.

The Head watch placed her hands on her hips and barked, "I said no animals in the castle, now get rid of them!"

"No! Nice kitties! Mine!" He said stubbornly, and then he walked over to the Head witch, and looked up at her, "you out, kitties stay!"

The witches died laughing at the horrified expression on the Head witches face, and waited to see what will happen next.

The Head witch bent over and grabbed the kittens out of his hold, "No Stephan, no kitties in the castle!"

Tears rushed down his adorable chubby face, "kitties no mommy, kitties die, please Dora, kitties stay." He said between sobs.

There was silence in the room as everyone watched the Head mistress expression on her face. She had never told anyone her name, She was named Dora after her great grand mother, but chose to be called witch ever since she came here, keeping her namesake in her heart in memory of her great grandmother after she died in battle, because her great grandmother had once told her that her name was the numeral key to unlock the vault. "Keep it safe in your heart and tell no one what it means. You are the chosen one that will change the meaning of witches, do not let your heart he poisoned with hate, be a good witch and live your life doing good. When the babe comes, it will be time for the key to be used. Tell no one of this conversation Dora, hide your name until the babe comes." Her grandma had whispered for her ears alone, and now this child said her name.

Tears glided down the Head witch's face, and she placed the kittens back in Stephan's arms. Who is this child, could he be the babe that her grandmother talked of? Where is this vault, and what connection did it have with this child? She looked into Stephan's eyes, and she saw the truth in them, this child is special, he is the key to a better world. Was her great granmother speaking in riddles? Could this child be the vault with the secrets of the universe? Could this child bring peace on earth and change the course of history, and destroy evil once and for all? Dora looked into the child's knowing eyes, and knew that she had found the "vault"

Kyra who witnessed the whole episode understood what happened. There is more here than meets the eye, but Kyra decided to ask the Head witch in private. Wiping her tears from her eyes, she took Stephan and the kittens, and went to his bed chambers, it was time to call it a night.

Thank you for your votes and comments.xoxoxxoxoxxoxo