Eyes on You

Alexa Bliss x AJ Styles

In which a sound technician develops feelings for someone who she didn't think she would.

╳ ╳ ╳

╳ ╳ ╳

Alexa Bliss walked around the stage of the Capital One Arena one last time. The arena had been set up to accommodate the concert seating. Alexa had been working as a sound technician for about three years now, and out of all the concerts she had to set up, country concerts were her least favorite.

In her mind, all the songs were the same. To her, country music had three themes: drinking, sex, and falling in love.

That was it.

Tonight's show was a bit of a collaboration. Mickie James, one of Nashville's hottest country stars, was the star of the show happening in the arena. However, she had an opening act.

He was a guy named AJ Styles. Alexa had heard of him, as she was still in the music industry. She didn't know anything about him, other than he was a country singer. Which was a shame for him, because he was cute. He had been on the scene now for about a year, and was climbing his way to the top charts.

However, Alexa also knew what tonight was also going to bring. A jealous boyfriend. Her boyfriend, Elias, was rising to fame by the minute. He had released his first album, and the world had fell in love with it.

Too bad she hadn't.

She didn't think it was him at all. Most of the songs were about him, and not in the cute "listen to my life story" kind of way. It was more narcissistic, and that wasn't who he was at all. Or at least, the Elias she knew.
She blamed it all on his producer. Shane McMahon was the best record producer in the world, or so he claimed.

Elias had texted her a week ago, complaining he wasn't opening for Mickie. Alexa had no idea how to even respond, considering he wasn't even a country singer.

However, in his mind, more fame was more fame.

"Hey babe."

Speak of the Devil, she thought. Elias wrapped his arms around her, planting a kiss on her temple. She turned around to face him.

"Hey! What are you doing here? I thought Shane wanted you in the recording studio tonight?"

"Change of plans," he said as they walked away from the stage area. "Besides, I want to see what this AJ Styles guy has that I don't."